Johnny Weir -- "I am a lesbian." | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir -- "I am a lesbian."

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh, come on. I KNEW this was coming.

(maybe the title should be changed to "I'm gay"? "Lesbian" just screams "April Fools". :laugh: as feminine as he might be, he's not an actual woman :laugh: )

Besides, I saw something similar at FSU (and didn't quite fall for that one, either).

John King

Final Flight
I played this too often....

Recognized it at MKF and knew off the bat it was an April Fool's joke.I was going to post a news report about Sasha Cohen getting engaged to a gynecologist,but thought,naah.....

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Muffin, don't listen to Red Dog, I got quite a laugh from this. It's just funny!! I guess I was thinking of Princess Johnny. :laugh: :laugh:

Red Dog said:
I was going to post a news report about Sasha Cohen getting engaged to a gynecologist
Not funny, Red Dog!! :mad: :mad:

Dee

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hey, that wasn't MY comment!! It was John King's.

John King said:
Recognized it at MKF and knew off the bat it was an April Fool's joke.I was going to post a news report about Sasha Cohen getting engaged to a gynecologist,but thought,naah.....

unless you knew and this is another idea of an April Fool's joke. Damn you all.

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Red Dog said:
Hey, that wasn't MY comment!! It was John King's.

unless you knew and this is another idea of an April Fool's joke. Damn you all.

I don't get the gynecologist comment; can someone fill me in or an I just plain dumb? ???

R.D.

Record Breaker
Maybe I should PM you about it...

eta: check your PMs

Last edited:

Mafke

Medalist
Well, if this is Weir we're talking about the perfect April Fool's headline would be

"Johnny Weir announces engagement to Sasha Cohen*"

*for Sasha Cohen, you could fill in the name of any young woman

lulu

Final Flight
Actually, Johnny Weir did say this.

In a fan interview, someon asked him if he was a lesbian, and he replied "Yes, I am a lesbian."

R.D.

Record Breaker
umm...I don't know whether to believe you or not...I know it's not april fools any more but...is there an article somewhere or a documented quote where he actually said this?

Looks like the real joke may be on the original poster :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Don't have the time to read through the whole thing but I'll take your word for it. Now, isn't that quite funny...he actually said this. Now, who is the joke really on here?

IDLERACER

Medalist
Mafke said:
Well, if this is Weir we're talking about the perfect April Fool's headline would be "Johnny Weir announces engagement to Sasha Cohen"
For that matter, "Johnny Weir announces that he is engaged to Sasha Cohen and a lesbian" wouldn't be all that farfetched. If THIS photo is any indication, it would be more of a fem/fem relationship than a butch/fem one.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
Don't have the time to read through the whole thing but I'll take your word for it. Now, isn't that quite funny...he actually said this. Now, who is the joke really on here?
Red Dog here is some of the comments Johnny made.

Comments made on 9/18/05

***Johnny***: I would skate pairs with Sasha Cohen. And we'd kick a$$.

***Johnny***: Vanya (Johnny's dog)had a Louis Vuitton bag, but he hated it so I had to return it. He's very into being naked.

***Johnny***: No I wouldn't work with David Wilson. I prefer the style of Russian teaching and choreography

***Johnny***: I had really interesting things in spins and step sequences but they apparently aren't worth anything, so this scoring system has taken away from creativity.

***Johnny***: You have to be your own person on and off the ice. It's silly to be closed or hidden. Its like if you have beautiful cleavage and you don't show it.

missflick: What is the strangest/weirdest question someone has ever asked you, Johnny?
***Johnny***: Someone once asked me if I was a lesbian.
***Johnny***: I said of course I'm a lesbian.

BrettB: Which skaters do you/have you looked up to for inspiration?
***Johnny***: Irina Slutskaia, Evgeny Plushenko, Alexei Yagudin, Michelle Kwan.

loociex3: how do you think michelle will do in the upcoming season?
***Johnny***: Michelle will rock. She has beautiful programs for the season and will really challenge Slutskaia. But my personal hope is that Slutskaia takes gold.

aldolizas: Why you don't consider Shizuka as a winner?
***Johnny***: I would love to come to Mexico. Shizuka can win too, but Ira Slutskaia is my favorite.
***Johnny***: Irina's will to compete and love of the sport. She was on her death bed and still competed at Worlds in Germany,.

Here is my favorite answer
***Johnny*** Josh Groban is cool.

Dee

IDLERACER

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
***Johnny***: I would skate pairs with Sasha Cohen. And we'd kick a$$.
It's Rudy and Kristie all over again. It's been awhile since we've seen one of those mirror image type routines where a lefty skates with a righty.