Joseph Phan | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Joseph Phan

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was just watching the 4CC Gala, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Joseph was invited to perform! 😀 It's the same exhibition number that he used at the 2019 Nationals, but my link for that specific performance was removed a long time ago, so I'm happy to share it "again." His skating is so divine! 😇

2022 4CC Ex (ISU 1080p): https://streamable.com/78246n (Dailymotion detests "Hallelujah".)

I've also made his SP available in case anyone wants it. I decided to use different coverage because it includes his second jumping pass, which was missing from the ISU version.

2022 4CC SP (No Commentary 720p): https://streamable.com/sp4495

Another quote from 4CC.
Joseph Phan

I’m very happy, I was so nervous, going into my program. From experience at my last competition, it tends to work well but I didn’t end up like influence my skate today. I just stayed focused today, like I did at Canadians, and just do what I had to do, and everything worked out at the end.

(on experience from this competition) It was just a crazy adventure coming here and this is the shortest I’ve been at an international competition, because we are leaving tomorrow morning and we arrived Thursday night. And so, it is short, but I still did really well, and it shows that no matter what you are still able to fight.

(on his season) It was a roller-coaster. Actually, it was nothing, nothing, nothing and then a lot of competitions and it was rough at the beginning, and it slowly got better.

(new goals) It’s definitely to completely heal my knee injury and after that work towards the Olympics in four years. The goal before that it would be just to do well, at any competition to do my best, enjoy my process.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
So happy to see that his skating was appreciated and that he was invited to the gala... Now, this music + the costume is very Chan- like... which is awesome because his skating is the balm to my broken heart since Patrick retired. Gosh I love Jo so much !!!!!! What a beautiful skater ! I was also pleased to read that he is aiming for 2026,. May his wishes come true and may our skating fan hearts by filled with Jo's masterful skating and musicality. I hope Jo knows how much his skating moves people !

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Dear Jo,

If ever you one day read this forum, please know that you will be missed ! I hope your life post-competition will bring you as much joy and happiness as your skating brought to me.

Merci,

4ever(c)phan