Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events & Final 2022/23 | Golden Skate

Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Events & Final 2022/23

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The ISU has announced the dates and venues of the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating events and Final for the season 2022/23 as follows:

1st event: August 24 - 27, 2022 Courchevel, France

2nd event: Aug. 31 - Sept. 3, 2022 Ostrava, Czech Republic

3rd event: September 7 - 10, 2022 Riga, Latvia

4th event: September 21 - 24, 2022 Yerevan, Armenia

5th event: Sept. 28 - Oct. 1, 2022 Grenoble, France

6th event: October 5 - 8, 2022 Gdansk, Poland

7th event: October 12 - 15, 2022 Egna-Neumarkt, Italy

The combined ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (Juniors and Seniors) will be organized for the best Men, Women, Pairs and Ice Dance Couples as follows:

Final: December 8 – 11, 2022 Torino / Italy

The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating comprises seven (7) international Junior Figure Skating events and the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final. All seven events will be held with the approval and the assistance of the International Skating Union, under the responsibility of the organizing ISU Member concerned and in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations 2022 (to be published over the summer further the ISU Congress), the Special Regulations & Technical Rules Single & Pair Skating and Ice Dance 2022, the relevant ISU Communications and the „Memorandum for hosting an ISU Junior Grand Prix event” latest issue.

For further information about the eligibility requirements, the entries, the point system/ranking order, the prize money or any other technical details, please refer to the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Announcement.

Mozartistique

On the Ice
Country
France
Junior Grand Prix Grenoble (France number 2) was cancelled and relocated to Gdansk Poland (could be called JGP Poland 1). This means that there is 2 JGP in Gdansk 2 weeks in a row, and both times should include pairs.
Official ISU statement here

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
ISU just published a video of Mark Hanretty at the airport on his way to France. He is going to comment along with Ted Barton the next 7 weeks :biggrin:
I hope they will generally split the duties, rather than spending a lot of time chatting with each other, asking each other questions, etc. I find the more interaction there is between commentators, the more inane, off-topic and annoying the coverage becomes.

Country
Norway
I hope they will generally split the duties, rather than spending a lot of time chatting with each other, asking each other questions, etc. I find the more interaction there is between commentators, the more inane, off-topic and annoying the coverage becomes.
Yeah, at least I hope Hanretty will follow Teds example and not talk during the performances. But maybe Mark would mostly do ice dance since it´s his field (and pairs?) and Ted will do the singles?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I actually think having 2 commentators is the optimum number. If you have one commentator, they can easily run out of things to say. And personal preferences can become prevalent. If you have 3, then there are too many people competing to speak, and one of them ends up not saying much.

But with two, you get different viewpoints, and the commentary should be more balanced than if you are just hearing one person's opinions. Plus, since it is just the 2 of them, they don't have to fight to get their point in. (There are some commentators that seem to like the sound of their own voice so much that they don't let their partner get a word in edgeways. But neither Ted nor Mark is the sort of commentator that lets their tongue run away with them).

Yes, when there are 2 people talking, it is easy to get carried away and for the discussion to run off topic. But, in general, discussions can be very interesting and informative.

Yeah, at least I hope Hanretty will follow Teds example and not talk during the performances. But maybe Mark would mostly do ice dance since it´s his field (and pairs?) and Ted will do the singles?

Don't forget, Mark was a pretty decent Singles skater back in the day. Bronze Medallist in the 2003 British Junior Men's Championships. If they are splitting duties, I would say it is more likely that Mark would be doing Men than Pairs.

But, I hope they are commentating together. And I certainly hope there is no talking during performances. I have always hated that when watching Senior competitions. We don't want that creeping into the Juniors too!

CaroLiza_fan

Green Carrots

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Wow that's nice to see Mark, I quite like his commentating style and it's really interesting how it will be if he and Ted work together 😍 Still I join those who don't want to hear talking during the performances because sometimes it's really annoying... Fortunately, we have an element table on jgp so it's no need for example to call elements.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
I wonder if this will be a test for Senior GPs, and they're considering having Mark and Ted do those as well? I thought it was weird that they had two commentators initially for Worlds last year, but maybe the ISU wants to start trending in that direction. I'm really excited that a). we get live commentary again and they're not stuck in a tiny box at 3:00 and b). it's Mark and Ted, my two favourite commentators.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I watched the FD and part of the women's FS with Ted and Mark, and I withdraw my objections to having both of them on at the same time. They are not talking during the skate :party2: and are taking turns nicely during the replays. :bsplit: . Excellent work! :cheer:

thorag

On the Ice
Country
Iceland
is there no link to the JGP that starts tomorrow? There is only 1 comp in Gdansk listed and its the one next week but I cant find this weeks info.

yesterday

Record Breaker
is there no link to the JGP that starts tomorrow? There is only 1 comp in Gdansk listed and its the one next week but I cant find this weeks info.
here