Just for fun! What is your favorite program skated to warhorse music? | Golden Skate

Just for fun! What is your favorite program skated to warhorse music?

lady_bee

Medalist
I am tired of reading threads with anger and hatred, so I’ve decided to make my own thread just for fun:yay:.

I’ve read so much complains about overused music, such as Swan Lake and Carmen, and I understand why; however, I think they are still great pieces of music, which could create magic moment sometimes.
Here are my favorite Swan Lakes;

Takahashi’s Cyber Swan” : http://goo.gl/lVvyZp
Great work from Morozov &Daisuke! So much creativity:bow:.

Hanyu’s Oriental Swan (2011 Japan National EX): http://goo.gl/uck5B5
He looks more like a crane(http://goo.gl/fh9Zzy) than swan, I think.

So, could you tell me your favorite program(s) skated to warhorse music?
I will be happy to have tens of “Swan Lake”s, “Carmen”s, “Phantom of the opera”s, etc:biggrin:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
V/M Carmen 2013
Lambiel's Four seasons from 2006
Asada's Swan lake from 2013

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley Wagner's Black Swan - Swan Lake
Carmen - V/M, Samantha Cesario
Les Mes - Yuna
Phantom of the Opera - Akiko

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
A lot of Sasha's programs, actually. R&J, Malaguena, Swan Lake, Dark Eyes. Wasn't wild about her Rach 2 or her Carmen, though.

My favourite "warhorse" music has to be Rach 2, 2nd movement. There's only two programs that use this that I really thought captured this music: Lu Chen's 95-96 LP and Sale and Pelletier's "Orchid" program. (I hated how they dumped it in favour of "Love Story" for the Olympics. :scowl:)

MK's Concerto d'Aranjuez. :love:

V&M's Umbrellas of Cherbourg and Carmen

Mirai Nagasu's Carmen

Akiko's Phantom of the Opera

Shen and Zhao's Turnadot

LRK

Record Breaker
Great idea for a thread!

Plushy's Carmen (and since I'm a Plushy uber, we can just add whatever warhorse he's skated to to the list ;) )

Brian's Aranjuez

Mao's Swan Lake

Yuna's, and Pang/Tong's Les Mis

There are probably more, but I can't think of them at the moment.

emma

Record Breaker
Gosh, there are really so many. It's funny because I always roll my eyes with 'warhorse' choices, then often find myself loving them.

I'll say that Sasha's Romeo and Juliet - despite the errors at the Olympics - was truly stunning to me.

I really loved Sale and Peltier's Orchid - was sad, too, when they felt they had to switch back to love story.

any time I hear the Mission or Aranjuez - i usually like it. But, I still really love Matt Savoi's Mission and Michelle's Aranjuez (and liked many others for the latter, but this sticks out to me). I also love 4 seasons and you know, Lambiel - Chan, I'm not choosing, but if I could win the lottery, I'd very nicely ask them to let me watch them skate that over and over on 'practice ice.'

Right now, I'm just loving D/W Scheherezade...but yes, Midori (oh Midori) and so many other versions (Oh Michelle). I'll say I wanted to love Caro's - glad she went back to bolero!

I typically dislike Firebird - but really enjoyed Flatt's (oh, which might bring me to East of Eden...I'll leave that to Michelle, but my goodness, lot's of great skates to this music too).

Will never forget Shen/Zhao's Turandot (2003 version). Really got into V/M's Carmen and also Samantha's C's this year.

ETA forgot all the Nutcrackers - loved Shen/Zhao'! Forgot all the swans - too many, but yes, I agree with another poster who put Dai's techno swan (swoon!) and Hanyu's new exhibition. I liked Ashley's alot and the Russian dancers too - but there are just so many of these to choose from!

Kinga

Medalist
Mishkutenok/Dmitrev Rachmaninov 2 and Liebestraum
Kavaguti Smirnov claire de la lune (Is it a warhorse though?)

LRK

Record Breaker
Mishkutenok/Dmitrev Rachmaninov 2 and Liebestraum
Kavaguti Smirnov claire de la lune (Is it a warhorse though?)

If it is then I second that! That program made me fall in love with them - it was magical. Or, as I believe the BESP guys said, "enchanting". :)

bebevia

On the Ice
1. Sheherazade
- When I watch Michelles, I love it and hate Yuna's
- When I watch Yuna's I love it and think it's better than Michelle's.
- A very weird one.

2. Liebestraum
- Ilia Kulik. The end.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Swan Lake - Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze

I really don't mind warhorse music reusing as long as the music is cut well, and the program is solid. (aka not Godfather spliced with techno rumble)