Just me wondering..... | Golden Skate

Just me wondering.....

Simone

Match Penalty
No question mark at the end of this title. :biggrin:

But to any experts here on the subject, is Berezhnaya a Ukrainian surname? Berezh and Brezhnev are both Ukrainian surnames.

Also, what is the origins of Lutai? Most Russian surnames end with ov, ev or in. Does anyone know the origins of this surname? Surely within Russia, but Russia is home to 100's of native ethnicities within it's borders.

Wrlmy

Medalist
I just know plenty of Ukranians who have surnames ending with -ko, like Elena Liashenko.

On a similar note, is Shikarulidze a Georgian surname? I heard most Georgian surnames end with either -shivili or -ze.

Simone

Match Penalty
I just know plenty of Ukranians who have surnames ending with -ko, like Elena Liashenko.

On a similar note, is Shikarulidze a Georgian surname? I heard most Georgian surnames end with either -shivili or -ze.

Thanks for the reply. It is correct that most Ukrainians' surnames end with -ko, also -uk isn't exactly uncommon. Also, the occurance of -ich, does that mean Jewish or what does it originate from? Example, Anna Semenovich (I believe she stated she has heritage from Ukraine, not sure if it was mother or father), also Viktor Yanukovich. Though he is not in skating, :p