Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Fly Away With The Wings Of The Wind

Don’t Apart From Your Beloved Ones

melsh

Rinkside
First what they did to her isn't fair. I'm not debating if she is guilty or deserve the punishment .. but everthything in this process isn't right since the doping result that only came positive after the team event in olympics (let's face it every russian ladie would be first) or making a 15 years old wait two years. But I have one question. Is she going to participate in competitions in russia ?.. because let's face it if russia is banned of the europeans, worlds, grand prix, olympics ... i wouldn't expect that russia would obey unless they have something to win about sacrifing Kamila
I read she's out of Tutberidze's shows, which could mean no competitions in Russia either. I'm not sure whether her coach is simply following the strict rules applied to banned skaters (like it was for Carolina Kostner) or she is completely ditching Kamila because it's convenient for her. She has a new star in her camp and Kamila is not able to jump like before. Why should she care for her former golden girl? I so pray that Kamila can at least have a rink and get rid of that woman for good. How nice it would be to see her in Milan, close to where I live. But life is no fairy tale.
We all hope this diamond of a girl somehow survive all this. I do think that if she had the incredible courage to set foot on the burning ice of Beijing, she'll also have the mental strenght to keep training in public or private places and *come back*. Never understimate an elite skater, especially a Russian one. Go Kamila!

Last edited:

Azikin

Medalist
I read she's out of Tutberidze's shows, which could mean no competitions in Russia either. I'm not sure whether her coach is simply following the strict rules applied to banned skaters (like it was for Carolina Kostner) or she is completely ditching Kamila because it's convenient for her.
It's because of the ban, of course, she cannot even train. No one sane would ditch Kamila from the show, most people come because of her.

melsh

Rinkside
It's because of the ban, of course, she cannot even train. No one sane would ditch Kamila from the show, most people come because of her.
Well, given that she is so loved, all the more reason to help her getting a secret arrangement somewhere. It sounds cynical, but it's the existence of her wonderful fans that get her lucrative deals,and given that Russian officials show their muscles only when the stupid team gold is taken from them and not when their brightest star gets humiliated in front of the whole world, only the money coming from her sponsors could be the factor that somehow save her career. But these are only speculations, I have no idea whether Kamila still cares for the sport. In her shoes I would show everyone my middle finger and find an other passion to devote myself to.

melsh

Rinkside
our super beautiful Queen Amidala Kamila Valieva
IMG-20240221-000402-01.jpg

NaVi

Medalist
And throughout this situation it seems that there has been little understanding of the difference between PR and advertising or understanding how westerners think.
From my American viewpoint, the post-CAS decision PR has been quite bizarre and I'm not very optimistic about the success of whatever they're trying to do.