Learning From the Pros | Golden Skate

Learning From the Pros

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
If you figure skating fans here at golden skate want a real treat and want to learn a little more about figure skating at its best go to:

http://www.youtube.com/

and type in some skaters names from the past such as:

Donald Jackson
Karen Magnussen
Toller Cranston
Janet Lynn

I have been sort of reliving my skating days via old footage of these wonderful skaters. It's sort of refreshing to watch them because it brings back memories for me and also reminds me of why I started figure skating in the first place. These skaters are also great to watch because of their linkage to earlier skaters like Donald Jackson and Barbara Ann Scott who are from the old school of figure skating. These skaters were also around when school figures counted. One can see the benefits of school figures in their skating.

It's great to see how skaters have advanced over the years, but these skaters bring back the great basics of skating both technically and artistically. The attention to detail and body line and basic skating skills of these marvelous skaters is good for any skating fan or young skater to watch and learn.

Hope you have as much fun as I am having!!!

:agree:

Tinika

Rinkside
After watching a couple of Youtube clips and also a few from FSVids, I must say that now I have a little bit of a crush on Donald Jackson :)...