Lessons from Russia's 2023-24 domestic competitions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Lessons from Russia's 2023-24 domestic competitions

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Also, if the first sbs 3A comes out of Russia in pairs...I want to have a front seat to that. Impossible as it is for me.

Weathergal

Medalist
Also, if the first sbs 3A comes out of Russia in pairs...I want to have a front seat to that. Impossible as it is for me.
Just curious -- is there anyone working on this? I can't think of anyone working on the 3ATh either since Savchenko / Massot.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Just curious -- is there anyone working on this? I can't think of anyone working on the 3ATh either since Savchenko / Massot.
None to my knowledge, but Kostornaia has been known to land 3A in the past and was recently filmed practising one off-ice. She and Georgy have been competing in the Cup (stage 2).

The only fed that has a large enough skating audience for such competitions in my mind would be Japan. They do have Japan Open every year and World Team Trophy every 2 years, however it would be nice to see some of the skaters (who perhaps aren't going to Worlds) participate in other broadcast/streamed competitions post Nationals.
(And then we'd be able to watch Nobu's comeback! :popcorn:)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Khabibulina/Knyazhuk. I asked about Kostornaya but her injuries don't let her land even 2A pain-free, unfortunately.

Skating91

Medalist
Khabibulina/Knyazhuk. I asked about Kostornaya but her injuries don't let her land even 2A pain-free, unfortunately.
I can't believe Kostornaia is continuing in pairs I would have thought the throws put far more forces through her body than a mere 2A. Even the stats I posted a few days ago back that up. Pairs women have a disproportionate number of stress fractures much more than women in singles.