Livestream at 6PM ET tonight (December 6th) - Skating and Bryant Park Tree Lighting with Mirai Nagasu, Meagan Duhamel and more! | Golden Skate

Livestream at 6PM ET tonight (December 6th) - Skating and Bryant Park Tree Lighting with Mirai Nagasu, Meagan Duhamel and more!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Livestream link contained within URL

Our annual Tree Lighting show at Bank of America Winter Village returns to the park Monday, December 6 at 6pm, featuring:

• Host Ty Jones
• Choir from Classical Theatre of Harlem
Performances by world-class skaters Mirai Nagasu, pairs team Meagan Duhamel and Dylan Moskovitch, Shawn Sawyer, and The Haydenettes
• Special Broadway guests Norm Lewis and Jessica Vosk
• Plus, fireworks, Santa, and more!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This sounds like a great event! Hope you are able to attend, apgold.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This sounds like a great event! Hope you are able to attend, apgold.
I couldn't attend in person but watched the Livestream. Pre Covid, I went almost every year but this year they had a limited number of tickets, which I couldn't get. Previously, you could just show up about an hour before showtime and get a spot.

I watched most of the livestream - I felt bad that the skaters had to dodge leaves and puddles (it was nearly 60 degrees last evening). Mirai mentioned this in her IG stories that she had to be careful, but she and the others seemed to enjoy themselves anyway. Meagan in particular looked so happy to be out on the ice with Dylan.

I felt the presentation lagged a bit - why not have the skaters perform while the Harlem choir sang? In previous years, they had a live band that the skaters performed with. And the corporate speeches went on for too long.

I guess I miss Johnny Weir - he used to be the Queen of Bryant Park and showed up in an entertaining costume in previous years.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I watched just the skating parts. It was quite easy to find them even without thumbnails. There was a reason Shawn Sawyer was last. I was just thinking "do a spiral" when he did a beautiful one. He still has that amazing flexibility.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I thought Meagan and Dylan looked pretty good together for being such a new pair. All those leaves on the ice made me nervous, especially when Mirai was winding up for a jump!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I couldn't start a new thread for some reason so I'm adding to this one from last year.

Tonight I attended in person (unlike last year) and took some videos. (I bought a VIP ticket so I wouldn't have to wait 2 hours in the 40 degree weather to get a good vantage point, plus I have to work, lol). This year the skating talent included the Haydenettes, Mirai Nagasu, Polina Edmunds, Ryan Bradley and the Browns, as well some skaters from Figure Skating in Harlem. Jordan Cowan was also there filming all the performances so I imagine they will be posted soon on On Ice Perspectives' social media.

There is a livestream on this page, but I also posted videos on my Youtube channel if you'd prefer to watch them individually. My Mirai video got blocked due to copyright (she skated to Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas), but you can see it on the stream (she was the last to skate before the tree lighting).

yesterday

Record Breaker
I couldn't start a new thread for some reason so I'm adding to this one from last year.

Tonight I attended in person (unlike last year) and took some videos. (I bought a VIP ticket so I wouldn't have to wait 2 hours in the 40 degree weather to get a good vantage point, plus I have to work, lol). This year the skating talent included the Haydenettes, Mirai Nagasu, Polina Edmunds, Ryan Bradley and the Browns, as well some skaters from Figure Skating in Harlem. Jordan Cowan was also there filming all the performances so I imagine they will be posted soon on On Ice Perspectives' social media.

There is a livestream on this page, but I also posted videos on my Youtube channel if you'd prefer to watch them individually. My Mirai video got blocked due to copyright (she skated to Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas), but you can see it on the stream (she was the last to skate before the tree lighting).
Oh thank you for the reminder! :thank:
I took the stream and skipped forward. It's a pity that the audience is not really good to hear on this and I've been worried about the on ice guy a few times but otherwise it's great.

Nice to see skating and it's not so much about the outfits - great idea with the sweaters.
But I thought why do they give them the Browns this "childish" cover? I mean it was all about covers but I'm sure, there's a better one out there? But hey, Gage paid a visit to the hairdresser 😏 (I'm sure that's some important news for this forum :LOL: )

And I'd rather have @CoyoteChris and @el henry as the moderating duo :biggrin:
Who would not enjoy their talks in between the performances like:
"Next up we will get to see a breathtaking performance from a skater that I still have a picture on my laptop...."
- "Wait? Jason is not skating here?"
"... because you know, at FOFS breakfast in that year, there...."
- "Andrew T? Tomoki? No?"
"... anyways. Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seatbelts, and I dare say that because -"
- "Applause everybody!!"

😅
(I think both of you have a great sense of humor and also have a good laugh about yourself sometimes.
If you're not comfortable with this part, I'll delete the spoiler if you want me to.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Watched Polina! Injuries are, well, aweful....😞 I still see her at events manning the Ice Desk with Mirai.....

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Polina is also busy with her podcast these days as well as doing seminars and shows. I love her twizzles!

I agree with @yesterday about the Last Christmas cover, it was Ashley Tisdale. Probably one of the worst I have heard. Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande's versions would have worked as well. The original was best imo.