Men - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men - Free Program - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Jeffrey Buttle Start 20
Notes Music: Nagoygatsi Costume: grey & blue vertical wavy lines on top navy pants / somber slow music to start and some chor and very quickly down the far end of rink 3f3t / heartbeat and some chor as music picks up down to far end of rink and back this way / 3a didn't look good going up - fell / combo spin is just wonderful (we've all seen it) / some chor / 3s / wonder spread eagle & chor as music dies / now it picks up again with more chor / and down the rink for his 2nd 3a yes / ina & chor / 3l fell / O ftwrk is just wonderful spread eagle 3z landed pitched forward 2t / camel spin the wrong way / butterfly back sit / strt ftwrk that is great / and music picks up and crowd is clapping / 2a turns 2a / combo spin to end is his usual great one into final pose / he isn't happy with that skate at all / / pb 141.68 / carries 109.39 points into free /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Chengjiang Ll Start 21
Notes Music: Internal Affairs Costume: Black with white down one leg and sleeve & silver around V neck / some chor and crowd is already clapping / 4t landed a bit on inside edge, but managed to hang on / around the rink 4s easy as can be / flycam is very nice to inside edge / music changes and picks up and small part of crowd is clapping / 3z pitched forward but he did it / sorry I haven't made any chor notes - still puzzling a bit over Jeff's scores / 3a3t / sit ch sit with pos variations to inside edge on back is centered with good speed / music is soft & slow and some chor at end of rink into strt steps that while a bit slow have nice edges and turns and match music / down to far endof rink for 3f landed pitched forward / 3l fell out / music picks up and he bails on 3a into double / O ftwrk is fast - maybe a little simple / 3s / and flycam hop over to sit to back sit to open leg / music stops and into sit spin and it builds into ending / pb 145.17 / carries 104.84 into free /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Brian Joubert Start 22
Notes Music: 1492 conquest of paradise Costume: black with orange & silver map of North america on back / bit of chor to soft strains then music builds with humming and crowd is clapping / 3t - I'm positive it was only a triple / 3a on a lean but managed to land it / down to the far end 3z set up but cheat sheet says flip - in any case landed pitched forward / upright spin that I didn't really see / music has softened and some posing in front of judges / skating this way for 4t fell / back around the rink for 3l with a possibl e hand down / 3s? 1t / I think I missed a spin / O ftwrk as music has crowd clapping and some walking on toes that has crowd going nuts and me gagging / jump at far end of rink / back this way for 3f or z fell / combo spin that I didn't really see trying to figure out which jump was which / strt steps has crowd clapping and him channelling Yags / flyback sit to inside edge spin to turns into closing pose / pb 147.45 / carries 112.66 into free /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SUI Stephane Lambiel Start 23
Notes Music: King Arthur Costume: grey vest over cream shirt black pants with shin guards / music start softly and some chor to match / pops axel to a single / come on stephane / 4t3t way to go / 3l / sorry too anxious to write in all the chor bits - most have seen this program or will see it / 2a / wonderfu, wonderful fly combo spin that I won't even try to describe / music changes and soft humming and some chor to go with it and the crowd is completely silent / back this way down the ice 4t and the crowd errupts / drum beat and music starts to build and crowd is clapping 2z3t / sit ch sit is just wonderful with mutiple great pos / come chor facing the judge and into O frtwrk as the crowd is clapping and I can barely hear the music / poped flip to a single / flycam with layover pos / into corner for diag steps as music builds again and crowd is clapping / 3s 2t / combo spin to end the program is wonderfull and fast ending in headless / pb 136.01 / carries 118.28 into free /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Evan Lysacek Start 24
Notes Music: Singing in the Rain Costume: navy vest & pants - glitter on front of vest - light blue shirt / music starts with sound of rain and some chor in front of judges / sun comes out and he's around for 3a 3t / back to the far end of rink and spiral into 3f2t2t / some chor / and music has crowd starting to clap / 3a that turned into a double and hopped out weird / music builds and some chor in front of the judges / whalley 3z2t / flysit spin with tuck / some toe tapping and the crowd is clapping as he does S ftwrk that works well with music - maybe a bit simkple / 2a / 3s / did I miss something after the sal / flycam spin with multiple pos variations / some skating around and chor / 3l was off in air and bailed after about 2 rev / think I missed a spin / strt stepsare good and some of crowd was clapping at start / 3z kind of stepped off landing edge early / combo spin to end the program is very good with multiple pos / he should be quite happy with that - not perfect but pretty damn good for his first worlds / pb 133.14 / carries 105.55 into free /