Men from TV | Golden Skate

Men from TV

I missed everyone but Michael because I got stuck chatting with neighbors as I rushed home to get the TV on. I should have taped it. Anyway...

I thought Michael was wonderful. Best I've seen him in years. The flow, the stroking all back in a great routine.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I missed everyone but Michael because I got stuck chatting with neighbors as I rushed home to get the TV on. I should have taped it. Anyway...

I thought Michael was wonderful. Best I've seen him in years. The flow, the stroking all back in a great routine.

Joe

I haven't watched the TV version yet, but did see Mikey's SP from a video download. I really LIKE the bones of this program!! He had some problems but I like the music and the choreo and just the overall "look" of it. My only complaint is him showing off his chest hair with that open neck shirt. I think I'll send him a wax kit before US Nats. ;)

Given the way things are going for the US Men so far this season, I have to think Mike has a decent shot at making the Oly team. I really have a lot of respect for those skaters who tough it out for the long term in the sport, so I hope he's got some good karma goin' at Nationals. It's going to be some tough rooting in the Men's division as I am fond of Tim, Johnny, Evan and several other longer shots as well. Can't wait to see Evan's new LP next weekend (that is if the CCTV5 or other internet dogs are listening to my prayers!)

DG

euterpe

Medalist
What is it with Joubert's costumes? It seems his costume designer doesn't think Joubert's presentation will clue the viewers into the theme of his program.

That's why we got the map of the Caribbean and South America on the back of his FS costume last season (Columbus, get it?) and "007" on the back of his shirt this season. Incidentally, my husband thought Joubert's shirt made him look (as hubby put it) as if he had a "corporation". LOL. No wonder Baboo is talking about losing a few pounds!

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I actually really like Jouberts SP to James Bond. I thought the choreography suited him well... as music. He just needs to get rid of the 007 on the back of his shirt. Otherwise, I like the costume...

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Nice to see a new face during the coverage (Chiper).

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good competition. Joubert needs to lose the 007 an the back of his costume though :laugh:

I love Jeff Buttle's interpretation of "Sing, Sing, Sing" So much expression

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
equestrianguy said:
He just needs to get rid of the 007 on the back of his shirt. Otherwise, I like the costume...
What are we supposed to do rip it off??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought Timmy's program was quite good. Mikey needs to lose the hair. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

nymkfan51

Medalist
Joesitz said:
Both Timmy's programs are excellent (by TT). It's up to him to bring them across to the judges.Joe

Joe, I love Timmy's programs ... just hope he can do them without mistakes, so that we can see just how good they really are!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Dee4707 said:
What are we supposed to do rip it off??? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Are you talking about his shirt?? If so.... well... as much as it would pain me to do so, this Dirty Old Lady might volunteer to help. (it's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it) :biggrin:

DG

jesslily

Final Flight
Tim's programs are good, but both customes are weird either in color or design. He needs new things, but they should fit in his style. I feel Brian this year's programs and customes are so much better than last year. So far they are the best man's package I have ever seen this year. They also match his skating style. Michael Weiss finally shows that he is serious about the game. His crossover, stroking, and spins are improved. But his short program music is too light and repetitive.