Men's Long Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Long Program

Art&Sport

Medalist
Spun Silver, I saw nothing of Evan Lysacek in Ross' program. That was beautiful! He's got style and heart. Yes, he can learn to sell it more because it was really building toward the end when he went into the spread eagle, but that movement stopped too quickly. And I didn't like the spin position for the ending of the program, but yes you've got to not hold out movements too long in order to cram stuff in for the points under IJS, and throwing in spins is important. If I were Mark Mitchell, I'd rework the ending for more build -- the audience was ready to burst out into applause before the end with that spread eagle. That program was exciting and Ross was flying across the ice. Pinching those rosy cheeks, Ross! :)

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kevin van der Perren (BEL)

Music: The Man in the Iron Mask (soundtrack) by Nick Glennie-Smith

4T
1A - stepout
3Lz
FSSp
SlSt
2S+3T+3T
2F+2T - stepout
3F
ChSt
2Lo
3S
CCSp
CCoSp - very slow

Too many popped jumps...

emma

Record Breaker
I like Miner! He has some building to do...but what a classy skater (as in style of skating). nice. I heart Kevin and feel bad for him here. I so wanted to see him the GPF. Too bad he had back to back comps.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Oh monkey poop, I forgot this was on. I tune in just in time to see Kevin skate what looked like a bad practice session. I guess I didn't miss much. I am sorry I missed Miner, though. Oh well, I'll go pirate that ish later.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Heart you Kevin for the way you love skating and have worked hard to improve. Keep going as long as it gives you joy. Ignore the naysayers.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Why would anyone skate to Bolero unless they are able to build it up all the way through? Easily anti-climatic.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexander Majorov (SWE)

Music: Flamenco Bolero by Maurice Ravel performed by Gustavo Montesano

3A+2T - a bit scratchy landing
1Lz
3A - 3turn on landing
CCoSp
3F+3T - turn on landing
SlSt
3F+2T - lands on toe on landing
FSSp
3Lo - hand down, stepout
3S - a bit forward on landing
2A
FCCoSp
ChSt

Too many messy landing...

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Hell the what was the ending to Majorov's Bolero program? He was half-heartedly having a seizure at the end. And that verison of Bolero. Cutesy touches that utterly defang the music. I don't like it and I don't like him.