1. Work, work, work (15,000 hours in four years, for them)
2. Ignore social media bullies
3. Be open to constructive criticism
4. Don't get too emotional (Charlie says that being too involved in the emotion of a program leads to mistakes, and he says he knows this from experience)
5. Let your skating do the talking. (this seems to mean don't focus on the judging and don't complain about it in public)
6. Create your own style (You cannot expect to be rewarded for doing what other couples are already doing)
Wonderful long interview with Meryl and Charlie by a Chinese blog. The interview was done while they are on tour with Artistry on Ice in China. They discuss their entire career, and what it was like decompressing after Olympics, and the current season too.
Had Meryl ever officially gone on the record that she is dating Fedor Andreev?
If not, she has now -- in just a very brief mention within a long cover story about Meryl and Charlie.
http://content.yudu.com/web/y5b2/0A1uvwc/Feb.2016.SKATING/html/index.html?page=28 (page 26 of the Feb 2016 issue of Skating magazine)
In a sidebar on p. 27, they discuss the still-undecided issue of whether they will return to competition.
Plus I was pleased to see Charlie's shout-out to Igor on p. 24.