Mikhail Kolyada | Page 227 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

Tutto

Record Breaker
Wow, the music for LP:
from film 'Nureev. White Crow', choreographer Ilya Averbukh

https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...gurnom-katanii-intervyu-ili-averbuha-1704322/

I am so excited, I've watched a documentary on Nureyev not so long ago and was thinking all along about Mika and their shared ability to soar in the air like they belong there. I believe I even wrote a post in this thread then, oh and now this news - yes I am absolutely thrilled!

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Anyone else read SunlightGirl’s translations of Mishin’s comments to Misha on Twitter? Lol. He worries me about saying Misha’s arms are like bread crusts or something. Please don’t turn him to a skater with flaily arms that his most famous student was often accused of. Keep that kingly carriage and beautiful arm positions! Also, not sure what he meant about his not being true spins, just interesting positions. He says, his skating will be so different they won’t even recognize him! Yikes! Don’t mess with perfection of a lot of elements of his skating, lol. He also said not to wait too long to do his jumps (telegraphing entries). He’s right about that. Misha’s timing has been off in his recent jump attempts. I think that’s what Mishin means when he says the problem isn’t so much psychological but he can improve in his technique.

Also, since I’m rambling, did you also see the to die for quad lutz in practice for 2017 worlds that Jackie posted on Twitter? Perhaps than the famous cup of China one. So perfectly straight!

And one more thing, Mishin told Misha not to talk to press and said the best interview is silence. So I guess are tight-lipped guy will remain so. Darn.

16Olympics

On the Ice
If you're watching the Russian test skates, all that I can say of what Misha did today is .......he's baaaack. Great, clean skate. The program is so different and charming, filled with personality.
Congrats, Misha!,

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kolyada looked great. I don't know how much is Mishin and how much is being able to breathe properly now, but whatever the case, I missed him.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Indeed, he looked terrific in the SP today, a man among boys (well he is, sorta) :)

I hope Misha can get away with retaining Mishin's advice about jumps while letting the stuff about arms and choreo go in one ear and out the other... Hard to tell from today's skate as it's a quirky programme by nature, but I have my fingers crossed for some Nureyev-esque port de bras tomorrow!

Seruleane

Final Flight
Brilliant FS from Misha. Averbukh did a great job. Hoping there IS a season so I can watch this program many more times.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
If he skated this program through the end of his career I would not mind. Brilliant program for him, I was crying through the step sequence.

16Olympics

On the Ice
Breathtakng.

Misha FS Russian Test Skates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIcO0G6kPXk

I agree about the step sequence. Except for the jump and spin elements where the audience applauds, you will not be able to hear a pin drop during the step sequence.

The audience couldn't wait for him to finish and they were on their feet applauding. Bravo!

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Breathtakng.

I agree about the step sequence. Except for the jump and spin elements where the audience applauds, you will not be able to hear a pin drop during the step sequence.

The audience couldn't wait for him to finish and they were on their feet applauding. Bravo!

He is back :love: He was the best in the whole event for me.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Interesting that spin positions requiring back flexibility have been removed. Back problems or trying to avoid back problems considering Misha's excessive muscle tone issues? And are they actually planning to keep the flip or is it taking the slot of the second quad for now?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Breathtakng.

Aaah, amazing! It's programs like this that make people fall in love with figure skating! :love: :love: :love:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Breathtakng.

Yes- his skate, and this program by Averbukh, was such a gift to the audience. I have watched it multiple times, thinking the magic might lessen but it hasn't. This might just be my favorite performance of a long program by a male skater ever, and who would've thought it would be at Russian test skates?

vorravorra

Record Breaker
I’d have to imagine the plan is to add another quad once they’ve trained up to that.
Yes, that seems most likely. I don't believe in miracles like a suddenly correct flip edge but of course it doesn't matter for the test skates, they must have been going for a visually clean performance first of all.