Mikhail Kolyada | Page 228 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I doubt they'd be going for the flip when they could add another quad. It's visually appealing without the other quads, but the jump hasn't changed much. Interesting to see them trying, maybe it's going to work out? He could potentially gain more GOE with a clean flip than a clean loop. The issue is the edge, which is not a small issue.

lost3iron

More Rock & Roll please!
On the Ice
Misha's long is fantastic. It suits him great and showcases his talents. Welcome back Mikhail! We've missed you.

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
OMG!
Where has he been hiding since 2016? Welcome back!!
It was a long wait but it was worth it :love:
I can´t understand why he was so serious after his programs, I was on my feet, literally, pumping my fist in front of the screen!!:yes2:

Russian Test is been amazing this year but he alone was sublime. I'm in love with his skating and his programs this season.

Skating is back, Kolyada is back... things begin to look promising...

Tutto

Record Breaker
I expected a lot from his LP and I have been justified in my belief and rewarded beyond my wildest dreams - it is a masterpiece already, what it will be when properly polished?! Finally the program for him where everything came together - the music, the choreo & and THE SKATER. The audience was in an ecstasy I think... I only wish I was there to witness it...sigh...
Oh so many thoughts I wish to share:
His SS: every time after the off-season I noticed more improvement in his SS which were good to start with but kept improving, 2 years ago when he debuted the season with his Carmen I thought that was it, such softness in his knees, so much fluidity that's perfection. But I see yet more improvement now, it is truly Patrick's level!
His jumps: same but so much more assured, I noticed for instance that he was a bit off axis on 3T in his combination but he found his right foot with no problem, no hesitation whereas before it could have easily resulted in a stepout or worse. His 3A got even bigger, wow. Delighted with the return of 3Lo I always loved this jump (when he didn't double it!) He now visibly slows down a little before jumps not rushing which was often the case before and got him into trouble too often
Absolutely love his costume for the LP not so much for the SP but happy anyway. He looks a man not a boy anymore
God bless you and keep you safe, Mika. Thank you for all the joy and happiness your skating brings into this troubled world :luv17::thank:

This photo by Tatjana Flade (many thanks!) is to be my favourite of his LP, love it so much:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFGAFL0p2Y5/

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was thinking why this program sits so well with me. I've come to conclusion that it's due to amazing flow the program has, which would not be possible if it wasn't performed by such skilled skater like Misha. Props for choreo as well, it works astonishingly well! I'm gonna watch it again, it does not get boring!

Tutto

Record Breaker
I was thinking why this program sits so well with me. I've come to conclusion that it's due to amazing flow the program has, which would not be possible if it wasn't performed by such skilled skater like Misha. Props for choreo as well, it works astonishingly well! I'm gonna watch it again, it does not get boring!

Yes, a credit to Averbukh here, when I heard he would do choreo I was slightly worried that it might be overloaded with some odd moves requiring reading the script which happened in the past but he did an amazing job here I think. I watched it 3 times already and find more interesting details every time.
Its not just that skating skills match the program, it is his posture, his lines, extensions are so perfect for this program - a perfect match

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Yes, a credit to Averbukh here, when I heard he would do choreo I was slightly worried that it might be overloaded with some odd moves requiring reading the script which happened in the past but he did an amazing job here I think. I watched it 3 times already and find more interesting details every time.
Its not just that skating skills match the program, it is his posture, his lines, extensions are so perfect for this program - a perfect match
Based on the documentary about Mishin's group Misha was not afraid to say when something didn't work for him and offer his own solutions. This could have kept Averbukh from getting carried away with his vision. A collaboration seems to be the best approach with both sides keeping the other from overly bright ideas.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
https://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/5112-n...ol-nye-prokaty-figuristov-sbornoj-rossii.html

On your marks! Attention! March! Test skates of the Russian national team took place at the Megasport arena

Mishin's words..via google translate

With Misha Kolyada we had a “fire” because he came at the very end of the preparatory period. The short program was completely staged from scratch by Tatiana Prokofieva. They began to work as soon as Misha came to us. This program is built in the dynamic style traditional for Kolyada. But we tried to move away from the image of a "good dexterous boy from cartoons", presented the skater in a new role, where Misha is also dynamic, but this is already a "gentleman", which will also be emphasized by his suit - an elegant jacket in dark green. Rhythmically Misha kept his style, but it will be a different image, of a higher genre.

As for the free program, we were anxiously awaiting the reaction of the audience. In general, it's not new for me to design programs dedicated to legends. The first was staged to Zhenya Plushenko in memory of Vaslav Nijinsky. Then, before the performance, we studied the work of the outstanding dancer, read the memoirs of his sister, friends, learned a lot from the memories of Diaghilev's Russian seasons in Paris, and Bakst's wonderful drawings.

The second - "Best Of Plushenko" was dedicated to Zhenya himself and was composed of the brightest fragments of his best programs. Now the third experiment of this kind is a program dedicated to Rudolf Nureyev, where we tried to show his birth as a dancer, the ambiguity of his personality, escape from the routine performance of ballet, the tragedy of his fate ... The draft program was finished just before the skating. It is a joint work of mine, Tatiana Prokofieva's and Ilya Averbukh's, where Ilya skillfully applies his “artistic strokes”. To make it clear, I will tell you how I once went to a painting class, and the teacher corrected our drawings. A few touches to the eyes, lips, and the portrait came to life. This is the same responsible role fell on the shoulders of our outstanding creator of the "Ice Age", Olympic medalist,

I will refrain from talking about the elements that we plan to do with Misha in the programs. Wait and see. So far, the best comment on this topic is patient silence, - commented Alexey Mishin.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Olibritt, I agree whole-heartedly! OMG I was so happy to see first the charming jazzy short, but - THIS! I have loved Kolyada's skating since my ignorant self first saw him at Boston Worlds 2016 - that promise of superb control and great lyric precision was terrific - but for one reason after another he was unable to fully manifest - but now?! All hail Kolyada and Mishin, a match made in heaven. The height, my god, on that not quite right Axel! The complete authority with which he begins the jumps! And this is just the first iteration of his free! Cannot wait for competitions to begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIc...S91ysRDyNhy-CBB822aIaFSQtGivOSgicBO_reCzZKsU8

Tutto

Record Breaker
Possibly the most incredible thing about his LP is that it is hardly a month old and according to Mishin the version we saw was actually a draft completed not long before the test skate...?! thats just a mind-blowing, and remember that Mika always said that it took him a long time to learn a choreo, they would start working on LP typically in March/April with Olga.
Now I am in need of help, has anyone listened to the TSL and could say whereabouts they are talking about Mika - I sadly haven't got time to listen to the whole review of test skates.
And is there a video with Ted commentary or if not if anyone watched it live and could relay what he said about Mika.
Many thanks in advance!!!

16Olympics

On the Ice
Possibly the most incredible thing about his LP is that it is hardly a month old and according to Mishin the version we saw was actually a draft completed not long before the test skate...?! thats just a mind-blowing, and remember that Mika always said that it took him a long time to learn a choreo, they would start working on LP typically in March/April with Olga.
Now I am in need of help, has anyone listened to the TSL and could say whereabouts they are talking about Mika - I sadly haven't got time to listen to the whole review of test skates.
And is there a video with Ted commentary or if not if anyone watched it live and could relay what he said about Mika.
I have no commentary from Ted but the TSL portion on Misha starts at around 19:55. Right before that is discussion of the Mishin documentary and some of the other skaters on his team who appear in the doc. I marked it because I've been playing their commentary a few times, it's enjoyable. :)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I think the video with Ted's comment was deleted, but he only had praise for him. Saying that Misha reached a new tier of skaters, along with the likes of Nathan and Yuzuru, and that his program was fantastic. I don't remember the exact wording, but it's something along those lines

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think the video with Ted's comment was deleted, but he only had praise for him. Saying that Misha reached a new tier of skaters, along with the likes of Nathan and Yuzuru, and that his program was fantastic. I don't remember the exact wording, but it's something along those lines
Here‘s the link. Misha’s program starts at around 1:24.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Many thanks to all, sadly no time yet to watch the video or listen to TSL but looking forward to!

Apparently, Mika took part in some small St Petersburg's Fed comp and finished in 3rd, unclear what mistakes he made. Maybe it was too soon after the test skates...

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
Many thanks to all, sadly no time yet to watch the video or listen to TSL but looking forward to!

Apparently, Mika took part in some small St Petersburg's Fed comp and finished in 3rd, unclear what mistakes he made. Maybe it was too soon after the test skates...
Im only getting this from FSU but apparently he scored only in the 80s bcs of an unsuccessful quad attempt (someone posted on Twitter something abt him tripling a quad lutz, but no context). I would like to know what happened as well. Also, someone called it a “closed” event so I would expect no video. Note that this is all speculation.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
He did land a few quad toes in the warmups, though. Since it was a closed comp they might have wanted to try a fuller layout. He scored around 250+ (so if he did get an 80 in the SP, something like a 170 for FS is not too bad)

Edit: to add scores. SP 84,34 FS 173,11

RoundedBackCamel

On the Ice
He did land a few quad toes in the warmups, though. Since it was a closed comp they might have wanted to try a fuller layout. He scored around 250+ (so if he did get an 80 in the SP, something like a 170 for FS is not too bad)

Edit: to add scores. SP 84,34 FS 173,11
So would you know if he tripled the quad lutz or fell? I like everyone want so badly for him to get that quad lutz back but it’s been very long since he landed. Does anyone have an opinion about another quad he could add? Obvs toe is easiest but he needs to add another if he wants to be competitive. (I know JB has sometimes been just on ss and interpretation, but that’s been an outlier.)