Mikhail Kolyada | Page 239 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

Tutto

Record Breaker
My first thought was oh God please NO.
After some thinking I could see where they are coming from - a slow music totally suited to the look of total concentration on his face. BUT there is so much unused previously music which could answer the above. After the brilliant choice of White Crow yes it is disappointing.
But we should reserve the judgment till the test skates.
Oh yes and adding a no-name choreographer in the equation, it seems to me that the idea it to use the SL for the first part of the season and then return to White Crow. How wise it is only the future will tell.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I also think they are trying out a new choreographer for the FS because they already have the Averbukh program to use if needed. And the SP is also from him, so worst case scenario he has two Averbukh programs.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Mikhaylov confirms music choice

NaVi

Medalist
Lame an unimaginative. Come on, the music had already been announced by a close competitor(who I also think it's a bad choice for) and probably the most famous Russian figure skating performance since say 2002 was Schindler's list.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting this. The hope that it was just unconfirmed info from Vaitsekhovskaya is gone. So its the SL indeed. Disappointing.
I thought again about two music choices I sent to Mika's email last year when his fans were asked to participate. And I think they were worth looking at, for reason of being unused before alone + beautiful music
I will share these with you:
1. Prince Andrei (Mika loves to have a character to play so be it):
War & Peace 2007:

2. Corrado Cattani
Italian series La Piovra (Octopus) music by Ennio Morricone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FAI-gJHiXc
There are several other themes.

I thought that after the brilliance of White Crow, Mika would get a taste of what it is like to have a first rate program with the original music, the story and well thought out choreo but no here we go again back to well tried & tested ... sigh...

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Ok not everyone is so negative:

Tatjana

On the Ice
Ok not everyone is so negative:

I agree with the author of this article. I also think that Misha can interpret this music very well and there is beautiful music in this soundtrack. The judges have proven more than once that they don't mark people down for "overused" music. ;-) "The White Crow" was wonderful, but I think it is a good move to explore something else, to give Misha a new artistic challenge. They always can return to "The White Crow" in case "Schindler's List" does not work the way they want. I agree fully with Mr. Mishin who said that a new program means always development for the skater. I'm looking forward to seeing Misha's "Schindler's List".

Tutto

Record Breaker
As a big fan of classical music I should be deliriously happy about Nutcracker but somehow I am not - why?
Ok, first of all, it buries any hope for the return of White Crow for Oly - both ballet programs would be distinctly odd;
secondly I think it would make a better LP than SP;
and at last, the usual grievance - there are millions pieces of unused pieces of classical music but here we go again...
I also sense that there isn't much enthusiasm about SL coming from Mika. It seems to me that he just trusted Mishin's choice, but it would not be his own. Of course I might be wrong. I hope I am.
Anyway, I just want to see him skate again regardless of music, programs etc - 2 months to go till the test skates...sigh...

yinchulin

Rinkside
Max Trankov said that if we can get 2000 likes on this video, he can get the interview with Misha!! (also we can leave the questions to him in comment section, maybe he'll read it out)

ps. pas de deux: Adagio from The Nutcracker was actually playing in the background with Max interviewing Liza: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 90 seconds challenge. Issue 13.07.2021 so, this might be the source : )

Tatjana

On the Ice
Max Trankov said that if we can get 2000 likes on this video, he can get the interview with Misha!! (also we can leave the questions to him in comment section, maybe he'll read it out)

ps. pas de deux: Adagio from The Nutcracker was actually playing in the background with Max interviewing Liza: Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 90 seconds challenge. Issue 13.07.2021 so, this might be the source : )

Right, it was Misha's music playing in the background while Max interviewed Lisa.
The 90 challenge with Misha was recorded the same day as Lisa's and Andrei's and there is also one with Sonia. So I think any questions people post will be used for further 90 challenges. ;-)

Tatjana

On the Ice
The English version of Alexei Mishin's memoir "Secrets of the Ice" is now available as an ebook. In this version, there is a new chapter in which Mr. Mishin talks about Misha. There are as well many photos in the book, a lot of them being different ones from the photos in the Russian original (except for the historic photos, obviously).
https://www.ifsmagazine.com/the-secrets-of-the-ice-alexei-mishin/

Tutto

Record Breaker
It didn't take long did it for someone to use White Crow music - just heard not without amusement about Daniel G. new SP