Moscovitch Retiring from Competitive Skating | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Moscovitch Retiring from Competitive Skating

gabriele

On the Ice
Lubov landed her jumps with her previous partner .... and so did Mervin... it's a question of timing...

I agree. From memory (correct me, if I'm wrong...), she was doing just fine in their first season together. It only got shaky thereafter.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree. From memory (correct me, if I'm wrong...), she was doing just fine in their first season together. It only got shaky thereafter.

Yeah, I think that's right. Perhaps she was concerned about his injuries (I thought he had a hip injury before this year?) and it threw off her mental game for the jumps.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
she also said that when she started to miss, it became a mind game... and she would have a hard time to trust herself

slider11

Medalist
Maybe a clean start with a new coach and partner would help Luba. She has tremendous pair lifts and wonderful artistry. With the Olympic pressure gone, they would have 3 years to get the timing for jumps and throws. As much as I hate to see partner changes Luba is too good to retire. Meanwhile, all the best for Dylan!

SmallAminal

On the Ice
I agree that its sad but not unexpected. I wish Dylan all the best in his new endeavours.

Very curious to see what Lubov does next - anyone else "on the market"? She just got her Canadian citizenship recently so I can't see her trying to compete for another country....but anything is possible I suppose.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I agree that its sad but not unexpected. I wish Dylan all the best in his new endeavours.

Very curious to see what Lubov does next - anyone else "on the market"? She just got her Canadian citizenship recently so I can't see her trying to compete for another country....but anything is possible I suppose.

Besides the Canadian men already mentioned, I think Davin Portz is also available, if he's continuing after splitting with Natasha Purich.