My Double Toe | Golden Skate

My Double Toe

Hunnie12892

Spectator
I have just a few questions about Double Toes. I can't seem to get my timing right when im toeing in. My timing is off really bad and when i try to jump i end up getting high, but i can't seem to rotate more then 1 revoloution. My coach says it's because i dont really shift my weight in my Axel......but i think it can be fixed with a little better timing....any help? :confused:

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
when you go in hold the edge for one, do the 3turn on two pick your toe in one 3 and jump and concentrate on where your arms are and on your body position in four while you are in the air... this helped me a lot! Good Luck!

danamartens

Spectator
The double toe used to be my worst jump. I pay close attention to my pick placement. I try to make sure that I am picking back rather than around if that makes sense. Once you turn you should be picking back behind you the same as a flip jump or a lutz jump. I used to pick to the right a bit and I would never make the rotation. Holding your position before you pick for a second after you turn may help. I find if I placed my pick right after the three turn I was more likely to make that mistake. If that isn't it perhaps you aren't pulling in enough on your take off to the maximum spin in your jump?

Last edited:

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
My coach told me that when I pick to make it feel like a landing position.... where my foot is.... never make it cross with the skating foot...