Name one thing about yourself that... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Name one thing about yourself that...

mariana

On the Ice
I'm 21, but nobody gives my more that 18:mad:
I now, in a few years I'll be happy if everybody thinks I look younger than my age, but now a hate it.:sheesh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Rgirl, not surprised but very very impressed with the Hemingway award.

What was the verboten subject matter?

dpp

Kasey

Medalist
Mariana,

everyone in my family who is at least in their 20s looks about 10 years younger...enjoy it!

Kasey
(almost 37 and looking under 30, hahaha)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I just realized that I started this thread but never posted anything! Okay, well, I talk baby talk to my doggie! :D:)

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Oh Rgal, that reminds me of another

I treat my Kitty like my baby. I carry her in my arms like a little baby.
Its her one year anniversary today!

Happy anniversary Kitty!

Lucy25

Final Flight
All the clothes in my closet face the same direction - to the right.
I've seen over a hundred different plays and musicals.
I am very political.
I would love to be a stand up comedian. Or a biblical archeologist.

No one really knows these things about me. They would be very surprised.

andrealm

Rinkside
Ravyn Rant said:
I dress up in 16th century peasant garb to sell beer at a local renaissance faire.

I don't even sell beer but I dress up too!!

I don't know what would be surprising to most people but I know my mom would be very surprised to see what my house looks like normally. It practically sparkles when she comes!!!:p

berthes ghost

Final Flight
I used to adopt personas. I'd go to parties and suddenly introduce myself with a fake name and then talk at lentgh about my fake job, fake hometown, etc...

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Oh, that must have been a riot! I had a friend who used to go to parties and restaurants with a friend of hers and start talking as though they were in "the biz" (showbiz). One would start off with something like, "So, did you read the script?" and soon they'd be name dropping: "Well, Demi isn't really interested but Uma sure is..." She told me that it didn't take long until people around them would stop their own conversations to eavesdrop on hers! We were all living in L.A., so I'm not surprised that the interest level was quite high, since every second person you meet there is a showbiz wannabe! :D

Happy Anniversary (not birthday??) to Kara's Kitty! :)

Lucy, there's quite a difference between a stand-up comedian and a biblical archaeologist! Which one are you going for?
:eek:

Last edited:

merrywidow

Record Breaker
That I've been a figure skating fan for 35 years.
That I know Toni & Patch from another board.
I enjoy living alone.:D

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Thanks RGal,

It was the one year anniversary of when Kitty came to live with us.
I'm not sure when her birthday is...she was a stray. We think she'll be two this fall sometime.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I once spent a weekend at the Hare Krishna community.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Piel said:
I once spent a weekend at the Hare Krishna community.

Okay, life as I understand it just came unglued! Nothing makes sense in my world anymore!!! :eek: :D :eek: :D

guinevere

Final Flight
Because my professional modern dance career was taking off and I couldn't risk getting injured! :D

guinevere

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Okay, life as I understand it just came unglued! Nothing makes sense in my world anymore!!!

It was for a sociology class called "Deviant Behaviour" in 1973. Now I believe the class would be called "Alternative Lifestyles", LOL. The HK group had set up a community near Moundsville,WV and some of them came to speak to our class about how they lived. Of course at the time we thought that was just the coolest thing especially when they told us that George Harrison was chanting the HK mantra in "My Sweet Lord". They are vegetarians and brought these delicious little coconut and who know what else cookies to pass out to the class. After an evening of coconut cookies and chanting we were invited to come visit them for a weekend. IT WAS THE WORST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE:eek: :eek: :eek: Now, they have a huge gold palace and all but THEN it was more of a glorified dirt farm. We were allowed to sleep in a building with just our group (guest hut?). The women and men sleep in separate quarters and the children all live in a nursery area. Everyone gathers together for meals. The meals all seemed to be some type of coconut and milk porridge/soup concoction that we never tasted, just played around with it. There were no little cookies. For meals everyone sat on the cold dirt floor with wooden bowls and the food server would go from person to person and serve the "soup" with their bare hands which every one proceeded to eat with their hands or drink from their bowls. By Saturday afternoon some of us had to drive to the local McDonalds:love: Most of the time was spent
with either chanting or chores. Upon arrival we were each "given"
a strand of handcarved wooden prayer beads (a kind of HK rosary). Upon leaving we were asked for a $5.00 donation if we wanted to keep our beads (I still have mine). Years later they have had all kinds of problems there from accusations of child abuse of all kinds, even murder, not to mention several hepatitis outbreaks. Yes, my calling as a HK was brief. To think I could have had a life of standing in airports selling flowers.....................

Piel

Last edited:

Rixis

On the Ice
I like to read Latin out loud in a really deep evil voice! Hoestly it's fun! :p

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
andrealm said:
I don't even sell beer but I dress up too!!

Everything is more fun when you're wearing a bodice. Which faires do you attend?
Rave

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I am a software engineer but I read alot, go to art shows, and love to wear dresses, skirts, and makeup. OK, so I don't think it's too strange, but a lot of people think programmers are supposed narrow-mided technicians. Oh, and I like my job (computer people are supposed to hate what they do unless they are, well, you know, like, total geeks;) ).

When I was 17 and 18, my first "real boyfriend" was a 40 year artist in a wheelchair. I ended up having to get a restraining order against him after he posted my pictures, whith my phone number, all over Boston in general and my college in particular.

I love partying, but hate pomp. I did not go to my prom, and don't want a big wedding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Piel, your story reminds me of a joke.
A guy suffers a stroke, and end up at The Gates. They tell him they've made a mistake, that it's not his time yet. But that as a bonus, he'd get a tour of both Hell and Heaven. He goes to Heaven, and sees a lot of bland people all doing work. He goes to Hell and sees a lot of naked women, gambling, drinking. So when his time does come, he says he'd rather go to Hell. Well, he gets there -- the devils immediately stuff him into a boiling pot, then set him to ardous tasks. He cries, "But it seemed so fun when I visited before!" "Well, Devil answers, then you were a guest, now you're here to stay!"
We used to tell each other this joke a lot during the first few years afrer immigrating to the states.

Last edited: