Nathan Chen | Page 760 | Golden Skate

Nathan Chen

sheetz

Record Breaker
I was only a wee concerned about the 4F. Even the 3A doesn't faze me anymore. LOL

He keeps his streak alive of winning the competition after coming first in the SP!

discode

Final Flight
I feel Nathan is just happy to get outta school and compete. :laugh: It's like a treat to him instead of a job he has to do? You can just see the joy in his skating now and he's not nearly as pressured. Just having a good time.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
OMG! He has nerves! Congratulations! Plus he is smart, he is a student on the Yale! and he can do this! Deepley respect!!!:bow:

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Being at school has been really amazing for him! He said how he does here may impact whether he continues at Yale - I hope he continues there if that’s what he wants. But he does seem to love being at Yale very much.

His mental strength is incredible! All the challenges in the past year plus have just made him stronger - and his resilience is so admirable.

Thank you Nathan for these beautiful, memorable performances:love:

discode

Final Flight
I think he's fine going another year at Yale. I think it is important to maybe take more tune up breaks with Raf if possible though. Those really seem to help him a lot. Whatever he's doing, it's working.

And 4.76 GOE on his 4LZ

Mamamiia

Medalist
Now let's guess if he had self choreographed a new gala program while he was training alone at whale.:think:

ccmc1926

Rinkside
:yahoo::yahoo: my hands were shaking when I tried to log on to my PC to check the news.

Thanks you so much for keeping us updated!

What a champ he is. So happy!

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Hail to the King :bow::bow::bow:

After yesterday I was one sad Nox... but Nathan not only defended his title, he did it with a 22 POINT LEAD OVER YUZURU HANYU :bow: Even if people think he was overscored in PCS (and I would have probably set him at 92ish) he won decisively, brilliantly, and left NO DOUBT about just how great he is. Just simply astonishing.

Brava, Nathan :bow::bow::bow:

16Olympics

On the Ice
Nathan Chen was magnificent. To see how he has progressed from his first GP event to pull it together step by step throughout the year places him right up there with the best of the best. Another year at Yale will help him so that if he takes a leave to train for 2022 with two full years of college, it will be easier for him to return when he's ready.
So happy for Vincent, too. I know it's disappointing for Hanyu but it is great to see him back competing so well.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Our baby did it! Today was everything!! I prepared myself for a silver but we got GOLD.

Beyond that though, it was about the performance. The spins, the footwork, the choreo sequence, and the jumps! He was so on! :hap57::hap93:

Can I just say how much I love the posters in this fan fest! You guys are awesome! :ghug:

Tahuu

On the Ice
I was only a wee concerned about the 4F. Even the 3A doesn't phaze me anymore. LOL

He keeps his streak alive of winning the competition after coming first in the SP!

This is true even it's against Yuzu. For them, who won the SP won their head-to-head competitions.

1. 2016 NHK (SP: Yuzu, FS: Yuzu, Total: Yuzu)
2. 2016 GPF (Yuzu, Nathan, Yuzu)
3. 2017 4CC (Nathan, Yuzu, Nathan)
4. 2017 WC (Yuzu, Yuzu, Yuzu)
5. 2017 WTT (Nathan, Yuzu, Nathan)
6. 2018 RC (Nathan, Yuzu, Nathan)
7. 2018 Oly (Yuzu, Nathan, Yuzu)
8. 2019 WC (Nathan, Nathan, Nathan)

frida80

Record Breaker
Everyone doing ok, here? I admit I started to cry as soon as he finished. I’m super proud of him!!