New and old winners at Worlds 2014 | Golden Skate

New and old winners at Worlds 2014

supsu

On the Ice
I'm a bit ahead of the game, but better early than never, right?!

Who are the skaters who have definitely stated they will quit after Sochi? And who are iffy..?

Who do u predict will be the new winners/medalists at Worlds? What about if let's say D/W win at S, would V/M continue to Worlds just to get a good result? If D/W would not be there, wouldn't that win be kind of a crappy taste gold...?
I chose this example just because it was easy with two clear favorites, but the same could happen in other disciplines too..

What do you guys think?

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I think Mao will win ladies, because I don't think Yuna or Carolina will compete after Sochi. I don't think the other ladies can score high enough in PCS to beat Mao at home. I'm guessing Mao will skate there because it would be fitting to end her career at a big event at home.

Gigi13

On the Ice
I do hope Mao got to worlds since it's Japan, however in my wildest dreams I hope Mao to win in Sochi (either her or Yuna, I'll be happy for both!) and Akiko to win 2014 worlds :p but it's just my imagination. Wow I hope Kanako doesn't quit, I mean she's only nineteen but after seeing COR I understand why she want too but still I hope she stays on and competes.

RABID

Final Flight
I'm a bit ahead of the game, but better early than never, right?!

Who are the skaters who have definitely stated they will quit after Sochi? And who are iffy..?

Who do u predict will be the new winners/medalists at Worlds? What about if let's say D/W win at S, would V/M continue to Worlds just to get a good result? If D/W would not be there, wouldn't that win be kind of a crappy taste gold...?
I chose this example just because it was easy with two clear favorites, but the same could happen in other disciplines too..

What do you guys think?

It will be interesting as it will unofficially mark the changing of the guard and you just got to know that the skaters competing in it will be aware of that fact as well. Anybody have any salient memories of the 2006 Worlds?

mary01

Final Flight
Are there any official statement from kanako where she is saying that she will quit after Sochi. everyone is assuming that she will quit, but I don't remember reading an article or seeing an interview where she says that.

I honestly don't believe that JSF will just let Murakami go, they will definitely persuade her to stay for at least a few years longer

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Caro has already announced that she plans to compete at 2014 Worlds...

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
I think Yuna will compete to if the Korean Skating Federation wants to secure spots for the future.

RABID

Final Flight
I think Yuna will compete to if the Korean Skating Federation wants to secure spots for the future.

I think it more likely that YuNa would compete in the 2018 games than the Worlds. I just don't see any scenario where it helps YuNa to compete in this competition. And as far as the KSF is concerned, she's done her time.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I don't think V/M will compete at Worlds. I honestly get the vibe that they're tired of competing. I think D/W will take the Olympic and world golds and two of B/S, P/B and W/P will take the other two spots on the podium (while I know P/B will probably retire after this season too, I think they'll go to Worlds).

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I don't think V/M will compete at Worlds. I honestly get the vibe that they're tired of competing. I think D/W will take the Olympic and world golds and two of B/S, P/B and W/P will take the other two spots on the podium (while I know P/B will probably retire after this season too, I think they'll go to Worlds).

I think the Olympic result of P/B will have alot to do with whether they go to Worlds or not.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think the Olympic result of P/B will have alot to do with whether they go to Worlds or not.

Yeah, if they don't win a medal they'll want to compete at Worlds to try and get one, although if V/M don't go to Worlds they may go and try to get a silver if they won the Olympic bronze (or came close to it).