New Ice Dance Team - Danielle Thomas and Daniel Eaton | Golden Skate

New Ice Dance Team - Danielle Thomas and Daniel Eaton

Turbo-Mom

On the Ice
https://youtu.be/9u2u5CQ9DLM

Posted 3/17/15 by Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork
Daniel Eaton, the 2014 Four Continents bronze medalist, and Danielle Thomas, the 2014 U.S. novice pewter medalist, announced that they have teamed up and plan to compete in 2015-16. Eaton recently split with his former partner, Alexandra Aldridge, with whom he finished sixth at the 2015 U.S. Championships. Eaton and Thomas will train in Canton, Michigan, with Marina Zoueva, Johnny Johns, Oleg Epstein and Massimo Scali.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... The New Dance Team ...

Best wishes to Daniel and his new partner :).

LOL, I was never 100% sure which one of the former partners was your child ... until now ;).

I hope that they remain on friendly terms, and I hope it is not a touchy subject to ask whether you have any update on Alex?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Plusssssss ONE!!!!! The best to all of you...
Chris

The New Dance Team

https://youtu.be/9u2u5CQ9DLM

Posted 3/17/15 by Sarah S. Brannen, special to icenetwork
Daniel Eaton, the 2014 Four Continents bronze medalist, and Danielle Thomas, the 2014 U.S. novice pewter medalist, announced that they have teamed up and plan to compete in 2015-16. Eaton recently split with his former partner, Alexandra Aldridge, with whom he finished sixth at the 2015 U.S. Championships. Eaton and Thomas will train in Canton, Michigan, with Marina Zoueva, Johnny Johns, Oleg Epstein and Massimo Scali. :cheer::party2:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alba

Record Breaker
Is there any video of Danielle skating? What about Aldridge, has she found a partner?

lyndichee

Medalist
Forgive me for not being too familiar, but is it common for a new partner to jump from novice to senior etc.? It seems like a huge imbalance. Also the age difference is pretty big.

Last edited:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Forgive me for not being too familiar, but is it common for a new partner to jump from novice to senior etc.? It seems like a huge imbalance. Also the age difference is pretty big.

Thomas did compete junior this year with Alexander Martin. Placed 11th out of 12.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oh didn't notice that, the other article I googled said novice. Thanks :)

Will there be an imbalance possibly? Still seems like a pretty big jump.

Honestly, there may be. But until we see them skate together, no one can really say that the partnership will 100% be doomed. If they're really the right partners for each other, then they'd just need time to up the tech content.