New Pair team Marchei and Hotarek | Page 2 | Golden Skate

New Pair team Marchei and Hotarek

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I notice on Marchie's instagram she lost even more weight maybe for the lifts ?
so maybe it true ?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The worst part of Marchei switching to Pairs would be that Italy would be left with only a couple of decent Ladies skaters (Rio, Rodeghiero and the young Tagliapietra who has landed 3Lz+3T in Italian Nationals), and no-one really competitive at a good level internationally :cry:
Well, at least we're still the best in the world in roller skating :biggrin:

You also have the World Champion ice dancers. :bow:

And I believe Jason & Yuka is what was meant?

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I was so hoping this wasn't true, given the beautiful programs of B/H and Marchei last season. :cry: I hope this is just a future plan for Marchei, and that we'll see her one last season. She's such an elegant skater with beautiful programs, a real lady on ice. I don't know if Italy has anyone to fill in her shoes either; Kostner and Marchei are the only ones I know from international competitions.

alebi

Medalist
I don't like when this kind of news is brought without a word said by the persons involved.
I'm not angry because our most talented and successful couple split ( :bang: ) because all people have the right to make different choices in their life and I wish all the best to them, but I really don't stand that they still haven't said a word about it. I think this is a big disrespect to their fans. Are they ashamed of their choice? I really don't think... what's the problem to say: I'm so happy to start a new chapter in my life and I'm sorry but skating won't be there anymore? This way you can only thank a person for what he/she has done while keeping everything secret instigates rumors and isn't the best way to end a fantastic career :disapp:

Not to say that our fed sucks...

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't like when this kind of news is brought without a word said by the persons involved.
I'm not angry because our most talented and successful couple split ( :bang: ) because all people have the right to make different choices in their life and I wish all the best to them, but I really don't stand that they still haven't said a word about it. I think this is a big disrespect to their fans. Are they ashamed of their choice? I really don't think... what's the problem to say: I'm so happy to start a new chapter in my life and I'm sorry but skating won't be there anymore? This way you can only thank a person for what he/she has done while keeping everything secret instigates rumors and isn't the best way to end a fantastic career :disapp:

Mmmm. So nothing official has been said yet.

So, is there still a chance that it is just a groundless rumour...? (Fingers very tightly crossed that it is...)

Has there been anything more mentioned in the Italian media about Vale or Ondrej? Like, it seems strange that everything we have heard is from one single newspaper article.

Whether the rumour is true or not, you would at least expect there to be an attempt to play it down.

Oh, I don't know what to think! :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

pingu

Rinkside

Disrespect towards their fans? They are not forced to release any statement if they don't want to, IMHO.

Sequinedream

Match Penalty
I would be interested to know if they have indeed paired up. I think it strange there has been no announcement at this time.
I also question if Valentina is going to skate pairs, will she remain a singles skater as well since she already has a good ranking and ISU GP events awarded her?:confused:

alebi

Medalist
Mmmm. So nothing official has been said yet.

So, is there still a chance that it is just a groundless rumour...? (Fingers very tightly crossed that it is...)

No, it's official. They've chosen exactly this way to make the statement

Disrespect towards their fans? They are not forced to release any statement if they don't want to, IMHO.

I know I'll exaggerate with my examples but.... if your employer fires you without reasons because he doesn't want to, it's all right? Or your best friend doesn't call you anymore without reasons... is it correct? I mean, you've always been clear during your career, explaining your goals, talking about what you were improving, working on... and then suddenly you take the most important decision in your life that, honestly, doesn't touch you only but the whole Italian system, and don't spend a word about it? I'm not angry, I just don't understand and I also think it's not the most professional way to leave because when you're not clear you let people thinking everything about you. But what I found the strangest is that the cause "seems" (because no one still knows) to be a wonderful thing, not something to hide. What does it cost to say something and say goodbye?
And just two words about fans because I don't want to start a debate about it... Are fans useful only when you need them? Fans spend money to watch you, support you in every moment, not just the good ones, travel, stay awake during night, give you presents etc... Do they really deserve no explanations? :confused:

I would be interested to know if they have indeed paired up. I think it strange there has been no announcement at this time.
I also question if Valentina is going to skate pairs, will she remain a singles skater as well since she already has a good ranking and ISU GP events awarded her?:confused:

Your doubts confirm yet again how big and important has been taking this decision. It's not something that starts and ends with you, it's something that's involving more people. And that is also the reason why I said our fed sucks, because they seem not to take any decision but just sit and watch. They don't have any plan and don't know what's happening in their garden because they released a list just few days before this mess where the couple was still signed in GPs... No other word is needed :disapp:

Alba

Record Breaker
Are you talking about Valentina in the bolded part? Because if so, she has trained with Jason for awhile now in singles...

Yes I know. I was saying that I wouldn't be surprise if Hotarek goes with her as well.

Of course they are not force to do so. That's why Alebi is speaking about disrespect not breaking the rules or the law.

alebi

Medalist
and just to add two more words... B/H were also funded by public money (it's something usual in in Italy for most talented athletes)... I only want to highlight that you are/were a professional

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, it's official. They've chosen exactly this way to make the statement

Thank you for the confirmation that this IS happening.

As you have implied, it is a very strange way of putting the news out. And I for one don't like the way it has been done. I would have liked a statement from at least one of the people involved (skaters or coaches), or from the Federtation. But, as you have explained, the Federation seem to have been taken by surprise too.

I really wish that Valentina would say something publically. Not only so that her fans know exactly what is going on with regards her Singles career, but also so that we know what is happening the Italian slots in GP's.

For me, the fate of the GP slots is the most important question that remains to be answered.

No disrespect to Francesca Rio or Roberta Rodegheiro, but neither of them are near the level to be competitive at GP's. If either of them do get sent to GP's in place of Vale, and end up finishing at or near the bottom, there are going to be some very lively arguments both within the Italian Federation, and amongst us fans.

Yes, Vale is entitled to do whatever she likes. But, the way it has played out has created a whole big mess. A mess that is very embarassing for the Italian Federation in particular.

CaroLiza_fan

alebi

Medalist
As you have implied, it is a very strange way of putting the news out. And I for one don't like the way it has been done. I would have liked a statement from at least one of the people involved (skaters or coaches), or from the Federtation. But, as you have explained, the Federation seem to have been taken by surprise too.

I too don't understand why they published an article without any direct quote.

No disrespect to Francesca Rio or Roberta Rodegheiro, but neither of them are near the level to be competitive at GP's. If either of them do get sent to GP's in place of Vale, and end up finishing at or near the bottom, there are going to be some very lively arguments both within the Italian Federation, and amongst us fans.

If I'm right, GP's spots are based on world ranking, not given to a country. I think Italy's gonna lose some of its spots in women or pair GP

Yes, Vale is entitled to do whatever she likes. But, the way it has played out has created a whole big mess. A mess that is very embarassing for the Italian Federation in particular.
it's not a problem with Vale, it was Stefy who messed up everything :p but I think the one who should say something is Bianconi
I'm pretty sure we won't see a Marchei/Hotarek pair next season, if they're actually trying, it's too early to show up.

Alba

Record Breaker
I too don't understand why they published an article without any direct quote.

Maybe because they need confirmation if this thing of the new pair will work out or not.

it's not a problem with Vale, it was Stefy who messed up everything :p but I think the one who should say something is Bianconi

Why Stefi? Bianconi should say something that's right but she backs Hotarek.

alebi

Medalist
Why Stefi? Bianconi should say something that's right but she backs Hotarek.

I only said it seems Stefy who left the pair. Still... "seems" because they are our thoughts, nothing has been said.
Buongiovanni (the journalist) is very close to Bianconi (they've always interacted on air during championships' tv coverage), I don't find a reason why he hasn't reported any quote. Someone has spoken but didn't want to do an official statement or he (Buongiovanni) isn't professional and didn't write everything he knows. In both case, there's someone who didn't act professionally and since they're paid to do this... it's not ethical LOL.

We've seen the mess created by I/K (or only K. LOL ) while they (he) could just spend two words to explain the real situation. Why people love to complicate their life? Say what you're planning to do and if it doesn't work it's not your fault, you just gave it a try.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
You also have the World Champion ice dancers. :bow:

And I believe Jason & Yuka is what was meant?

I wouldn't exactly say any of the other Italian ladies are decent and I am not sure C and L will ever be considered "real" world champions. Belbin and Agosto and Dubreil and Lauzon will be at least now considered with far more respect than lucky C and L.

Alba

Record Breaker
I only said it seems Stefy who left the pair. Still... "seems" because they are our thoughts, nothing has been said.

Some sources, from May when the news first broke out, suggest that it was him. ;)

Buongiovanni (the journalist) is very close to Bianconi (they've always interacted on air during championships' tv coverage), I don't find a reason why he hasn't reported any quote. Someone has spoken but didn't want to do an official statement or he (Buongiovanni) isn't professional and didn't write everything he knows.

That's why I'm saying, because maybe Bianconi is still waiting for something.
I don't know, a confirmation from Ina and Jason maybe that this new pair could work out?

alebi

Medalist
Some sources, from May when the news first broke out, suggest that it was him. ;)

Really? :eek: that's what happens when you have to use your imagination!

I don't know, a confirmation from Ina and Jason maybe that this new pair could work out?

Thinking of it, this is the best thing for Vale. Single woman is going to be a tough challenge in Europe too, next years. While the pairs' world has been messed up by all these splits and a new but good pair can easily enter top10 in Worlds.

But this thing requests more work together, she can train while she's doing her last single season. But then it's Hotarek who has to sit for a whole year....