New Skates Skidding | Golden Skate

New Skates Skidding

Alberstol

Rinkside
I just got new intermediate-level skates (Jackson Synergy), my second pair ever (my first were Jackson Freestyles that I used for my first 3 years skating), and I am having a very hard time holding stable left outside edges (both forwards and backwards) without skidding out of the circle (and feeling like I am collapsing onto an inside edge). I was fairly comfortable with those edges previously and was working on rockers, counters, etc. so it seems like a massive step backwards to not even be able to do basic edges comfortably. Is this a normal aspect of breaking in higher-level boots?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just got new intermediate-level skates (Jackson Synergy), my second pair ever (my first were Jackson Freestyles that I used for my first 3 years skating), and I am having a very hard time holding stable left outside edges (both forwards and backwards) without skidding out of the circle (and feeling like I am collapsing onto an inside edge). I was fairly comfortable with those edges previously and was working on rockers, counters, etc. so it seems like a massive step backwards to not even be able to do basic edges comfortably. Is this a normal aspect of breaking in higher-level boots?
What blades do you have on the synergy. And please tell me you got the Synergy Elite and nothing higher than that which is rated 60 stiffness.
Back to blades, if you got blades for the new boots, they may not be mounted right for you.

Alberstol

Rinkside
What blades do you have on the synergy. And please tell me you got the Synergy Elite and nothing higher than that which is rated 60 stiffness.
Back to blades, if you got blades for the new boots, they may not be mounted right for you.
I have P99s on my new boots. I also had P99s on my Freestyles (upgraded 2 years ago from the included Aspire XPs that everyone complains are very flat). Had to buy new P99s since my new boots are a half size smaller than the Freestyles. The box just says "Synergy by Jackson" and has no useful information but I assume I got the 60 stiffness version. Earlier today I went back to the shop and had the blade moved in slightly but I haven't yet had a chance to skate. Hopefully that simply solves the problem.

OP: if they are new, when they were mounted, were they sharpened?
They were sharpened after originally completing fitting. Today at the shop I also mentioned how I felt generally much less bite than I was used to with my old skates, so the tech re-sharpened them slightly deeper for no fee.