New Survivor Show | Page 3 | Golden Skate

New Survivor Show

Jhar55

Medalist
The red / latinos deserve to lose after throwing a comp just to vote someone out.

I like the asian tribe they work good together in all the comps so far, the hippy guy is funny got headache he'll get rid of it for you might leave a red mark on your forhead but the headache is gone. :laugh:

The white tribe are lazy when it comes to building shelter one want to sleep on the ground, well let him and when the rain comes don't let him sleep on the floor there putting together.

Since when do you get fire if you don't earn it, the black tribe was given fire after first trible councle they got to take their torches with them still lit. Guess they weren't smart enough to light the fire with that.

From what I've heard there going to merge after the 3rd week that kind of what Jeff said on the view yestarday.

I think they should stay separete until at least 2 tribes are down to 2 /3 members then merge.

heyang

Record Breaker
That was dumb to throw the challenge. They aren't the 1st tribe to throw a challenge. I can't remember which season, but a team did throw a challenge and live to regret it.

During Mark Burnett's interview on WPLJ, he mentioned that a number of contestants are not die hard fans - so, not every thing will play out as typical.

During week 1, Stephanie(?) said she was the swing vote - which usually means that you're about to be voted off and don't know it. Also voting out Seku meant they voted out strength which might be critical in a challenge. Based on what we saw, the 2 pairs didn't negotiate together to vote her out either.

Does anyone know if there will be multiple eliminations? They started with 20 survivors - there are usually 16 players. One year, they brought out 18, but dropped 2 almost immediately.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would think they have to eliminate more than one at some time based on the time frame. The show usually ends the week before Christmas. Counting from Thursday that's 12 weeks away.

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
Don't know but would be a suprise if this comming week they vote out one from each tribe. I remember the time a tribe threw a comp to vote out someone but they had 16 members and yes they did live to regret it.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Yeah, but as I recall, in the original "throw the challenge so we can get this jerk out of here" routine, it was more to do with the player's personality. In THIS case, it was because the guy was virtually worthless. (I have seen some lazy people on this show before, but I think this guy may be the all-time champion from what I could tell.) He certainly didn't seem to be adding much, so I don't see how it could hurt them. I will allow, however, that they may have stirred up some discontent regarding the lady cop -- Catherine, is that her name? And Cecelia was supposed to go along with Catherine to keep him in, but she obviously didn't, based on the vote count, so that could lead to trouble. BUT if I'd been on that tribe, I'd've gone along with the "Let's throw the stupid thing and get him outa here" concept as well. What cracked me up is how OBVIOUSLY they were throwing it; I'm surprised they're not STILL on that island as I write this getting through that maze. If one could smoke on Survivor, they'd've probably taken a few cigarette breaks, too..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Side note: JP? JR? The volleyball player dude on the Latino team? HOT OR WHAT?????:biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
I was surprised the guy in the lead didn't wiggle more to make them fall into the water. He could've faked a cramp or splinter in his finger, too.

That would be interesting - forcing each team to vote out one person. Or at least having all but the team with immunity vote someone out. HMMM - didn't they do that one season where both teams had tribal council and only one person had immunity, but before the merge.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Catherine, is that her name? And Cecelia was supposed to go along with Catherine to keep him in, but she obviously didn't, based on the vote count, so that could lead to trouble.
The cop is Cristina and it was a unanimous vote. I think when Billy said he loved Candace and that they had something going on I think Cristina thought we better get him out of here.

Dee

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
The cop is Cristina and it was a unanimous vote. I think when Billy said he loved Candace and that they had something going on I think Cristina thought we better get him out of here.

Dee

Was it? I thought it was 3-2 for some reason, but now that you mention it, I recall that I didn't look at the "show yer vote to the camera" portion at the end of the episode.

About losing on purpose to get rid of someone you don't like, it's a numbers game. The tribes that go into the merge with the fewest members are in trouble.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I suppose in this politically correct world this could be seen as a bad idea, but maybe not. We all desceneded from different races. It could be interesting to see how each group seprately interacts with the other groups as a whole especially since we are used to being intermingled with one another.

R.D.

Record Breaker
when will people realize that it's not about skin color, it's about CULTURE.

heyang

Record Breaker
when will people realize that it's not about skin color, it's about CULTURE.

So true, but skin color is easily observable.

My 6 yr old nephew was approached by another child who declared that he (referring to himself) is Filippino and asking my nephew what are you. My nephew's response was I'm half Chinese and 1/2 Filipino, but I'm 100% American. Good Answer! Good thing he doesn't know fractions, yet!

I tend to agree with the kid. Genetically, I should be 100% Chinese (you never know what happened way way back when). However, since I was born in the US, I consider myself American culturally with some Chinese influence. On a cultural level, I have more in common with most American citizens in my age group than I do with someone who grew up in China and who emigrated here at an older age.

R.D.

Record Breaker
exactly. You hit it right on in that last paragraph. Now, "Cowboy" on the Asian Survivor tribe seems to be different from the other "Asian American" people due to culture differences. They all look similar but they still have different cultures/upbringings.

And yet, they did not divide up the tribes according to culture, they divided them up according to race. That's my beef.

heyang

Record Breaker
When they've started with 4 teams in past seasons, they usually merge to 2 after the 1st 2 episodes. Nothing shocking happened last night for long time Survivor viewers.

What I found somewhat interesting is which ethnic groups joined together 1st into alliances. Also, the 2 outcasts Cai Bao and Flicka bonded immediately. Based on the previews fo r next week, it looks like it might turn into ladies vs men on one of the tribe.

Yul is so far ahead of all other survivors in terms of savvy and class it would be a shame if he doesn't win. (He's got a BA from Stanford and JD from Yale Law School.)

Plus, with the name Yul Kwon, how can he go wrong? :biggrin:

Not to mention, he already has the imunity idol. I bet he didn't offer it to his pal Becky when she was on the block, LOL.

But I still like Flica the best. Jonathon just couldn't believe it when she wouldn't go along with all his schemes. :laugh:

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Yeah. So much for the grand social experiment.

I think this was the social experiment and it's conclusion:laugh:

That bird situation made me cry, I don't know how he held it back. I am so glad "mom" took her baby back. I would still be choking up over that if she didn't.

Ozzy was starting out as such a "baby" and then he turned it around. way to pull it out bud!

J.P. was such a twerp, glad to see him go. From the times I payed V-ball in Santa Barbara it seems pretty typical of the guys we played against - and lost:laugh: .

Pravanti is "sly" I can see her going a little ways in this game. Good smile but I am not smitten this time. My kind of look but not my kind of "lady." Too much of a "waffle."

I think "Cowboy" (we're not fools freak) will be around for awhile as well, a freak has a good chance.

Faves at this point are Nate, Yul, Jessica, Rebecca, Ozzy and Candice.

Hope Jenny heals OK.:)

Last edited: