NHK Trophy 2014 website is up! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NHK Trophy 2014 website is up!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I am trying to order two tickets for me and a friend, but I wonder if it would not be easier to order one ticket since the ArenaSS seats are so few?

susieq

Rinkside
Am I the only one who can't go to the Step 2 page?
Clicking Buy ticket HERE button does not go to anywhere!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Am I the only one who can't go to the Step 2 page?
Clicking Buy ticket HERE button does not go to anywhere!

Tickets for Saturday are completely sold out. They were gone in 3 seconds. There are still tickets for Sunday if you are outside of Japan (or are using a VPN). Friday I am unclear on. I read there are still cheap tickets but the system will not complete the sale...

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
Managed to purchase tickets for Friday and Sunday via the English site, but yes, Saturday tickets are completely sold out. I don't think I've refreshed a page so many times to check if tickets were still available. :disapp: Didn't get the seats we originally wanted but at the this rate I'm glad I was even able to score tickets.

By the way, has anyone ever been to Namihaya? I wonder if binoculars will be needed for Stand S and Stand A?

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I have also completely given up on purchasing tickets for Saturday. I've been to all the ticketing machines in conbinis (and hogged one for the first 40mins) but no such luck--the transactions just won't go through. All JP ticketing websites have sold out too.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
Managed to purchase tickets for Friday and Sunday via the English site, but yes, Saturday tickets are completely sold out. I don't think I've refreshed a page so many times to check if tickets were still available. :disapp: Didn't get the seats we originally wanted but at the this rate I'm glad I was even able to score tickets.

By the way, has anyone ever been to Namihaya? I wonder if binoculars will be needed for Stand S and Stand A?

I got premium seats for 11/28; NOTHING for 11/29, and cheap seats on 11/30.

I've been to the site before and yes, I would recommend binocs for Stand S and above. ;)

ngml

Rinkside
I chance upon this forum only today...and after desperately trying to buy the tickets this morning. I thought sales only started 12 noon 20 sept and was by the computer at that time. But can only get the stand S ticket for 30th Nov. Wanted to get ticket 28 or 29 badly.

May I know if tickets are really sold out as somewhere earlier in the forum, someone mentioned that she has to queue for hours to buy on the day of competition ?

bibi1899

Rinkside
There are two rounds of ticket drawing before today's sale and maybe they got the tickets by drawing. I bought 3 days ticket s this morning and luckily to get all arena ss tickets. Thanks NHK for providing the oversea tickets purchase website for the fans not in JP. It is super crazy how the tickets sold in JP, it sold out in 5 mins......

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
There are two rounds of ticket drawing before today's sale and maybe they got the tickets by drawing. I bought 3 days ticket s this morning and luckily to get all arena ss tickets. Thanks NHK for providing the oversea tickets purchase website for the fans not in JP. It is super crazy how the tickets sold in JP, it sold out in 5 mins......

Fortunately, I was lucky to get Friday tickets during the first pre-sale lottery. Though I am in Japan, I was able to use the overseas sites through a proxy server. Through that I was able to get an ArenaS ticket for Sunday.

I only wish I had tried that from the beginning instead of wasting my time on the Japanese webpages, which were overloaded. Sadly, I was not able to get any tickets for Saturday. I am looking at the Yahoo Auction pages, but the prices are crazy expensive! :eek:

bibi1899

Rinkside
Yes, the price is crazy. It is ten times higher than the original price. There are too many people who want to buy the tickets while there are only a few tickets....I think next time NHK should consider a much big arena for the competition.....too many yuzuru fans......the auction price for stand ss is sold at 120,000 ten!!! You can go to COC with that price.......

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
While a lot of it may be due to Yuzuru fans, I think it is safe to say that it is just as it is -- Japan loves Figure Skating. (And Japan has a habit of making people go through a needle hole just to give them tickets to competitions like this, as well as concerts and events.

pandaatlarge

On the Ice
You are the luckiest person I've ever heard!

I think all ISU events provide oversea tickets, but still events in Japan are the most difficult to get. My friends and I tried both Japanese websites and oversea site, but we couldn't get any Saturday ticket, not a single one! And the sold out was not 5 minutes, it was 1 minute! I finally managed to open Ticket PIA site at 12:01, and all tickets were already gone.

Regarding ticket on sale on the event day, no, those are for ice shows, not for NHK or WC or nationals.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
I think all ISU events provide oversea tickets, but still events in Japan are the most difficult to get. My friends and I tried both Japanese websites and oversea site, but we couldn't get any Saturday ticket, not a single one! And the sold out was not 5 minutes, it was 1 minute! I finally managed to open Ticket PIA site at 12:01, and all tickets were already gone.

I had the most awful experience at a Seven Ticket machine earlier today while trying to secure tickets--I was there before 12noon, and the staff probably thought I was 'too excited' haha. And when 12noon struck I panicked and on the 1st minute actually got through the hellish busy system (everyone was clamouring for tickets I reckon) but I was very stupid to click 中止 which effectively stopped my 2 of the sessions I managed to connect to. It's a learning experience though so hopefully next year I'd either a) go online on a VPN and buy internationally (I'm not Japanese! THEY SHOULD PROVIDE A NON-JP WEBSITE FOR NON-JP FANS IN JAPAN (wishful thinking)). Or hope that by then my Japanese skills are better and I'd be able to understand their procedures on those JP ticketing website much more clearly (it takes time for me since I try to read them).

hb2010

Rinkside
Like many of you I had had a terrible time, but was lucky enough to be able to buy a ticket
for NHK Trophy on the event day after standing in line patiently for some two hours last year.
There were tickets for SS Stand and C then, IIRC.
And I regretted that I was a bit late to get SS.

Maybe they will let you know about pooled tickets, if they have any,
on the day before the each day on the website.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Like many of you I had had a terrible time, but was lucky enough to be able to buy a ticket
for NHK Trophy on the event day after standing in line patiently for some two hours last year.

Curious about this -- when did you get wind/know that tickets would be sold in the event? Was it said in the website, or did you just take a chance and lined up at the venue, hoping they would sell tickets? And how early should early be i.e., how many hours before the gates opened did you wait? I was thinking my friend and I could possibly do that for Saturday since that's the only day we don't have tickets for.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I had the most awful experience at a Seven Ticket machine earlier today while trying to secure tickets--I was there before 12noon, and the staff probably thought I was 'too excited' haha. And when 12noon struck I panicked and on the 1st minute actually got through the hellish busy system (everyone was clamouring for tickets I reckon) but I was very stupid to click 中止 which effectively stopped my 2 of the sessions I managed to connect to. It's a learning experience though so hopefully next year I'd either a) go online on a VPN and buy internationally (I'm not Japanese! THEY SHOULD PROVIDE A NON-JP WEBSITE FOR NON-JP FANS IN JAPAN (wishful thinking)). Or hope that by then my Japanese skills are better and I'd be able to understand their procedures on those JP ticketing website much more clearly (it takes time for me since I try to read them).

Sorry to hear about your troubles and I can completely empathize with you. The machines are hard, confusing even for Japanese native speakers (largely due to poor design). I had friends on machines at Lawsons and 7/11 and both were unable to get through before tickets were sold out.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Sorry to hear about your troubles and I can completely empathize with you. The machines are hard, confusing even for Japanese native speakers (largely due to poor design). I had friends on machines at Lawsons and 7/11 and both were unable to get through before tickets were sold out.

To be fair there were options to enter the event code in both 7eleven and Lawson's but I guess the demand is really just too much for the supply/number of available seats. Trust Japan in their 'fairness' method by making people go through troublesome means just to get to watch a show. (Maybe this is also why people become 'better' fans, because there's more appreciation for the opportunity as it's always hard to come by. But that's just me digressing so, haha.)

pandaatlarge

On the Ice

Thank you very much for the information, and it is good to know. I wasn't able to find the GPF or WC ticket box for my friend who's a casual fan, so I thought there won't be any in NHK. At least we have some hope now, auction is still crazy today.

ngml

Rinkside
Thank you all for sharing but I am still confused. Is it common to have sales through draws before the official ticket sale date on 20th Sept ? And how can overseas fan like myself participate since the English website only shows the info for the sale on the 20th ? Would appreciate if someone can advise me so that I would be more prepared the next time.

BTW, where can I purchase the tickets through auctions (for info only as definitely I cant pay Y120,000!) ?