Pairs from TV | Golden Skate

Pairs from TV

All the Pairs looked stellar.

Pang and Tong looking gaining more and more class.

Marcoux and Buntin - 100 per cent better than Skate Canada and could be a spoiler at the olys.

Innoue and Baldwin - Another 100 per cent turnaround from last year. I hope he works on the 3z.

T& M as expected.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
On Pang Tong - this pair IMO has really made strides in their connection with each other. My favorite program of theirs this year, believe it or not, is their Exhibition program from I believe COC. And I usually have the least interest in EX programs. But I thought it was cool and different. They did lots of moves you would never see in competition, but that IMO were fun to watch. For those of you who don't download programs all that much, that might be a fun one to watch via an internet download.

Or, maybe I'm just crazy. Actually, I'm really very sure I'm crazy. :biggrin:

DG

nymkfan51

Medalist
I think I&B could really throw a wrench into the podium slots. They are so vastly improved ... they actually look like a good pairs team ... from the U.S. no less! :laugh:

How this could happen is if John B has the night of his life like John Zimmerman did in SLC. I don't remember John Z ever landing his sbs triple until then. Just think ... if they land their sbs lutzes and the throw axel ... and skate clean (I know, big "if"), but it could happen. If it did, I think they would be making a real argument for a spot on that podium. The other parts of their programs are already marvelous, IMO.
Even if they miss the podium, how cool would it be for a U.S. pairs team to skate like that!!! :clap:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I hope that Pang and Tong can outskate T/M at the GPF but I highly doubt that they could. But back on subject, They really have improved since CoC. Love them.

I/B were very good. He needs to they sbs 3lz :disapp:

There is an interesting group of Pairs teams this year. Besides the obvious, there are the Germans, Americans, Canadians. They are not as long in the sport so they are not solid but who knows?

Joe