Pairs Short Program - CHINA!!!!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs Short Program - CHINA!!!!!!

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
WOW!!!!! I just found out that Mclaughlin and Brubaker (USA) actually fell on their side-by-side triple salchows (she) and was downgraded for that and they got THAT high of TES. Can you imagine what their scores would have been had they hit clean

I just love this team :laugh:

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Not bad for KMc/B who just moved up to Seniors. They are not expected to medal but to make a mark for next season.

Joe

Not expected to MEDAL? McLaughlin/Brubaker may just have moved up to Seniors, but they ARE the reigning US Junior Champions, Junior World Champions and JGPF Champions. Next to Pang/Tong, they are the highest ranked team on the ISU Ranking list.

Right now, they are nearly 9 points ahead of the team in 3rd and 11 points ahead of the team in 4th. They scored over 100 in the FS at Junior Worlds, and at the events where they competed this summer. Few of the other teams (with the exception of Pang/Tong, of course) have cracked a 90 in a FS in international competition. FS PBs:

79.35 Sergejeva/Glebov
81.85 Zhang/Wang
88.48 Miller/Moram
88.80 Piatkowska/Khromin
91.91 Li / Xu
101.72 McLaughlin/Brubaker
124.22 Pang/Tong

Even if the US team makes mistakes and scores only 90 in the, their closest competitor would have to score 99 to beat them. I'm not saying it can't happen, but for McL/B not to medal, they'd have to score very low for them, and TWO teams would have to score PBs far exceeding their current ones.

Last edited:

netnuts

Match Penalty
WOW!!!!! I just found out that Mclaughlin and Brubaker (USA) actually fell on their side-by-side triple salchows (she) and was downgraded for that and they got THAT high of TES. Can you imagine what their scores would have been had they hit clean

I just love this team :laughs:

I think they are the best American team at the moment. They are obviously very good at CoP, got all sorts of level 3, 4 for non-jump elements... Good speed & flow, lifts, twists.... Jumps and throws are their weakness. I think they are a shoo-in for silver in such a weak field.

P&T's tec improved quite a bit as they revised their sbs spins/lift/death spirals and got high levels. They invited a Canadian coach to help out(who?), but their combination spins and steps were still graded level I. Their choreographer Morozov does not have time to help them with steps...

DaveT

On the Ice
I think they are the best American team at the moment. They are obviously very good at CoP, got all sorts of level 3, 4 for non-jump elements... Good speed & flow, lifts, twists.... Jumps and throws are their weakness. I think they are a shoo-in for silver in such a weak field.

P&T's tec improved quite a bit as they revised their sbs spins/lift/death spirals and got high levels. They invited a Canadian coach to help out(who?), but their combination spins and steps were still graded level I. Their choreographer Morozov does not have time to help them with steps...

But they can't go to Worlds can they? Isn't she too young?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Not expected to MEDAL? McLaughlin/Brubaker may just have moved up to Seniors, but they ARE the reigning US Junior Champions, Junior World Champions and JGPF Champions. Next to Pang/Tong, they are the highest ranked team on the ISU Ranking list.

Right now, they are nearly 9 points ahead of the team in 3rd and 11 points ahead of the team in 4th. They scored over 100 in the FS at Junior Worlds, and at the events where they competed this summer. Few of the other teams (with the exception of Pang/Tong, of course) have cracked a 90 in a FS in international competition. FS PBs:

79.35 Sergejeva/Glebov
81.85 Zhang/Wang
88.48 Miller/Moram
88.80 Piatkowska/Khromin
91.91 Li / Xu
101.72 McLaughlin/Brubaker
124.22 Pang/Tong

Even if the US team makes mistakes and scores only 90 in the, their closest competitor would have to score 99 to beat them. I'm not saying it can't happen, but for McL/B not to medal, they'd have to score very low for them, and TWO teams would have to score PBs far exceeding their current ones.

There is more chance of McLaughlin/Brubaker pulling a big upset over Pang/
Tong (still very unlikely mind you) then of someone else beating them in this field.