Pairs | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs

beep_beep

Medalist
I don't get the 3 point deduction for the Estonians. I don't recall the Zhangs getting a deduction for their interrupted program at Olys, or M/T at worlds last year when his costume was cutting off his circulation and some outfit surgery was required. Is this a new rule? Doesn't seem very fair.

I couldn't find anything else to justify two deductions beyond the fall. No vocals, no costume violation, they were back on the ice in time, seemed to be in sync with the music... Confusing.
that rule came just last summer.

Tesla

Final Flight
I don't get the 3 point deduction for the Estonians. I don't recall the Zhangs getting a deduction for their interrupted program at Olys, or M/T at worlds last year when his costume was cutting off his circulation and some outfit surgery was required. Is this a new rule? Doesn't seem very fair.

I couldn't find anything else to justify two deductions beyond the fall. No vocals, no costume violation, they were back on the ice in time, seemed to be in sync with the music... Confusing.

I think it was because they didn't go to the referee to stop. At least, that's what I gleaned from Eurosport.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It's a new rule that just started this season, unfortunately. Canadians Duhamel/Buntin also fell victim to the 2 points deductions when they had to stop their LP at TEB when she cut his hand with her blade while stroking backwards. It's a new stupid rule from the ISU.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Is this a new rule? Doesn't seem very fair.

It's a new rule; Duhamel and Buntin received the same deduction at the Trophee Eric Bombard. It's a deduction if you stop due to either injury or your equipment malfunction-though if theirs malfunctions they don't punish you.

Medusa

Record Breaker
The Olympic Champions of Sochi were nice. Shame about the fall on the Toe.

marc2000

Rinkside
young Russians - wow she is tiny next to him

sbs triple toes - she falls and it is ur
double twist - very high
throw triple loop good
death spiral to grab - ok could be lower
sbs spin - ok
spiral sequence - he bobbles at one point
goes right into pair spin - nice
lift - inverted star. gets late and lift come down to ending pose. not very flattering

beep_beep

Medalist
The Olympic Champions of Sochi were nice. Shame about the fall on the Toe.

:biggrin: ITA, they're just gorgeous...

ETA: is it just me, or Coia looks like a taller Kristoffer Brentsson ? (spell?)

Last edited:

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Why did they get -3 points deduction? -1 for the fall, -2 for the interruption?

Next year is in Estonia? Perhaps I'll go, I haven't been to the baltic states for quite some time. Do they have the Euro?
I'm thinking about going. But first I'll take the flight tomorrow morning to Helsinki :p
Estonia should use Euro beginning January 1st 2010

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, unfortunate fall from Adeline on the SBS triple and she also fell out of the throw triple jump.

This is the same music as Joannie Rochette's LP in 2004.

marc2000

Rinkside
double twist - a little hard landing
sbs triple salchow - she falls
star lift into grab - good ice coverage
throw triple loop - step out and hands down
sbs spin - okay
spiral - okay
death spiral - with arm change
pair spin - both directions, but a little slow

marc2000

Rinkside
K/S

sbs triple toes - beauties!
3twist - okay
throw triple loop - saves landing
star lift - very difficult positions
death spiral - okay - a little slow
sbs spin - good
spirals - good
pair spin - nice

very nice skate overall

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If the judging is fair, that performance will give Yuko & Sasha the lead. They were clean and attacked that program . . . wonderful unison! BRAVO! :love:

Medusa

Record Breaker
If the judging is fair, that performance will give Yuko & Sasha the lead. They were clean and attacked that program . . . wonderful unison! BRAVO! :love:

Fantastic, they were amazing!!!

I loved his smile after she saved the landing of the Loop.

That's interesting, they got real good PCS but they got one point less on TES!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kawaguchi/Smirnov goes in 2nd with 65.38. The danish commentators was sure of that they would go in first....