4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Past Lives (2023)

Genre: Drama, Romance

Director: Celine Song

Cast: Greta Lee, Teo Yoo, John Magaro, Moon Seung-ah, Yim Seung-min, Jojo T. Gibbs, Emily Cass McDonnell, Federico Rodriguez, Kristen Sieh, Yoon Ji-hye, Conrad Schott, Choi Won-young, An Min-yeong, Seo Yeon-woo, Hwang Seung-eon, Chang Ki-ha, Shin Hee-cheol, Chase Sui Wonders, Isaac Powell

Release: 2023-06-02

Runtime: 106

Plot: Nora and Hae Sung, two childhood friends, are reunited in New York for one fateful week as they confront notions of destiny, love, and the choices that make a life.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I havent had the courage to see this movie yet as there is someone in my wife's past 40 years ago, Who she still sporatically communicates with, but after reading a whole bunch about what Song has to say about what the movie is really about (A Korean lady saying goodbye to her Korean past and heading into the future) I think I could see it now. (She also says if people want to make it out to be a romance lost perhaps to be found in another life, that is OK but that is not what it is about....I have not heard yet Song's explaination from her own lips on why the leading lady is crying as she walks into the arms of her husband. But fans are still arguing about it on the web. Song mearly says she is walking away from her past, leaving in the car, and into the future to her husband. At any rate, the movie looks to be excellent.... Yes, Ichatdelune's take would be excellent.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
We all have our own perceptions about the movie. You should just watch it. I didn't over-analyze the ending scene. Emotions could be about more than one thing and most likely a mixture of things. However, I don't see the husband as the future : simply the current life. She revisited her past, but the future is most likely in another life ;)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
have you seen it now ?

What about our In-Yun ? :)
With work and everything I've been swamped and haven't had a chance to myself to sit down and watch, but will soon now that the season has wound down (for a bit lol).

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database