Pic Frames | Golden Skate

Pic Frames

orangemonkey558

Rinkside
Has anyone tried out pic frames? I've heard that they are supposed to simulate ice skating on concrete. They are very expesive. We have an ice rink over her, but it's not open to the public. Just wanted to see what y'all think!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Hi orangemonkey-

I've never tried them, but I just visited their web site www.picskate.com
Whether you are just out for a fun skate at the park on our "Freestyler" or performing your most demanding skating program on the "Professional", PIC® Skates will take your inline skating to a totally new level of fun and performance.

Cal Girl

Rinkside
I know of the pic frame. Looks like a great idea but the length of the rollers is too long to simulate figure skates. My daughter used them for a time but they are very heavy and in addition you need to purchase a pair of skates to mount them on and it gets very expensive.

orangemonkey558

Rinkside
Yeah they are. On that site you can buy a boot and frame already mounted on there, but it equals out to about $500. I thought about just buying a frame and mounting them onto my rollers blades. Do you think that would work?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
As an observation

I would have to say fun but different, "Safe - In control skating" just doesn't sound like Ice skating. Sounds like "less heavy Inline skates that you can try to do Figure skating moves on." Maybe good if you're desperate for the ice. I'll stick with my junky old Sabres and wait for the kids to leave ice before I would go out on the Basketball court with a set of those. Plus it might be harder to pull that little extra 1/4 turn on the end of a jump of any sort.? Anyway, got a few of us thinking.:scratch:

frogger

Spectator
one thing i do know for sure. on inline skates skaters can not save jumps and cheat landings as easily as on ice. there are more moving parts and skaters must be so squared and secure over a landing position .
in ice you can dig your edge into the ice to save a jump but on wheels the edge just slides away.
and
yes ......... there are edges on wheels... BELIEVE IT OR NOT !!!!!