Pick the ladies you hope make top three at nationals.... | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pick the ladies you hope make top three at nationals....

Pick the ladies you hope make the top three at nationals

• Sasha Cohen

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Emily Hughes

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Katy Taylor

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Alyssa Czisny

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Bebe Liang

Votes: 29 15.2%
  • Amber Corwin

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Michelle Kwan (don't know if she'll be there)

Votes: 14 7.3%
  • Any new people we don't know about yet :)

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • Others (please post)

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

Chrystia Mee

Rinkside
Let's see ladies podium. In a perfect world both michelle and Sasha would be skating! but since that isn't happening...

I'm guessing
1. Kimmie Meissner (she's consistent. she has great skating skills despite a lack of artistic presentation)
2. Emily Hughes (judges like her for some reason. She's not my favourite but she's got more experience than anyone other than Kimmie, so I think she'll be on the team for sure)
3. I really want to put Alissa or Bebe's name here since I love them both. But both are so wildly inconsistent. And I keep hoping they will make it but they both get so nervous when it counts most. I'm guessing a newcomer is going to step up and have a breakthrough performance or Christine Zukowski. Christine seems to be liked by judges as well.

scorekeeper

On the Ice
I'm with Chrystia Mee on this one, right down to Christine Zukowski. She strikes me as being a little "junior" still, but I rather like her. Better than Katy Taylor, who doesn't seem to listen to her music.

diamondqueen

On the Ice
1-Kimmie:rock:
2-Alyssa
3-Emily

I think this one is Kimmie's to win but she needs to skate like she did in the Worlds.

diamond:love:

1-Kimmie:rock:
2-Alyssa
3-Emily

I think this one is Kimmie's to win but she needs to skate like she did in the Worlds.

diamond:love:
Why do you think Kimmie needs to skate like she did at Worlds? Are you expecting Alyssa and Emily to skate better than they have ever done before?

Joe

krenseby

Final Flight
Re:

In fact, Sarah was at 2001 Worlds. But she never finished high enough to be shown on American TV until last year.

By the way, in 2000 she competed in Junior Worlds and won the bronze. Jenny Kirk was first, Deanna Stellato was second and Sasha Cohen was sixth.

Ah those were the days. Jenny Kirk seemed so promising as a junior. She did occasionally bring her A game to the Nationals, Skate America, and Four Continents but whenever she went to worlds, she totally fell apart. She was just as bad of a nerve-wreck as Maria Butyrskaya: completely bombed at worlds and landed pretty much none of her jumps.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yeah...that's my concern about basically every US lady except for Kimmie (and maybe Emily to a certain extent)...very unreliable and likely to not do well...or bomb, unfortunately. Just like Kirk...:no:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Because Cohen is not competing, I voted for Meissner, Hughes and Czisny.