Protocol or Etiquette during cool down period? Jumpers vs winding-down skaters | Golden Skate

Protocol or Etiquette during cool down period? Jumpers vs winding-down skaters

alifree

Spectator
What is the correct protocol or etiquette during the cool down period (the last few mins) of a freestyle session?

Can I still jump (double, triple at the jump area)? What if the jumper almost collide to a lower level skater who was winding down and got in the jumper’s way. The winding-down skater assumed that the jumper was also gliding to wind down and didn’t expect a take off for a jump.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
No matter what time it is in a session, always assume for jumpers in the corners (mostly). Never presume that just because it's cool down that a skater that got on ice later or whatever the situation will not still be trying to perfect the jump a few more times. Stay out of the corners (do not stand still in them and skate through them swiftly), and ALWAYS be aware of what's going on around you and that if you are near a corner that jumps will happen.

christy

On the Ice
I wasn't aware the last few minutes of a session were cooldown. Is that a thing at some rinks? At ours it's the time one of the skaters insists on running their program with the worst music which clears the ice 🫢

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Interesting. It's not something I've ever experienced at any of the rinks I've skated at.
If there are high level competitive or elites either of that country or international, then it definitely happens, and they would have their own ice sessions for their level so you wouldn't have experienced it most likely. ;)

christy

On the Ice
If there are high level competitive or elites either of that country or international, then it definitely happens, and they would have their own ice sessions for their level so you wouldn't have experienced it most likely. ;)
Well we can't all be elites at exclusive facilities. Some of us have to make do with public skating sessions or all level freestyles in our little backwaters.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Well we can't all be elites at exclusive facilities. Some of us have to make do with public skating sessions or all level freestyles in our little backwaters.

Why the rudeness? I answered what you asked and it was not meant rude on my side of this.