Real Prediction Thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Real Prediction Thread

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
^^^
One reason for D/W's popularity is the use of Delilah's aria in the opera: Samson & Delilah. For lovers of lyrical opera and ballet tunes, young fans adore the music because they have never heard it before or rarely. Other winners are: the interlude during Thais, Moonlight Sonata, Bolero, etc.

That's true for me. D/W have been one of my favorite ice dancers since 2007, but this year I'm really really rooting for them to do well, because I really love their FD music and its theme.

It's apparent from the American fans of Ice Dance, that D/W are on a roll, and have surpassed B/A. in popularity.

Will this affect the judging in LA? I doubt it, but it will be heartbreaking for some US fans if D/W do not win, imo.

I think many would be disappointed if D/W do not medal, but I think very few of their fans truly expect them to win the title.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I'm one of the D/W fans (and a pretty ardent one at that) and my expectations are I would love to see them on the podium but I don't expect them to win. I definitely think they are capable of a medal this season. But I won't be heartbroken if they aren't on the podium yet. Even 4th or 5th would be good all things considered. I will say, though, that I prefer D/W over B/A and would like to see D/W stay ahead of them. B/A came along at a time when I was losing interest in skating and I have to say that they never captured my interest and I've never been a fan even though they have had good results for the US. D/W caught my eye right away and they have renewed my love of all things ice dance.:love:

I especially love what CoP has done for ice dance. I can't wait for the competition at Worlds!

skatingbc

Final Flight
I'm one of the D/W fans (and a pretty ardent one at that) and my expectations are I would love to see them on the podium but I don't expect them to win. I definitely think they are capable of a medal this season. But I won't be heartbroken if they aren't on the podium yet. Even 4th or 5th would be good all things considered. I will say, though, that I prefer D/W over B/A and would like to see D/W stay ahead of them. B/A came along at a time when I was losing interest in skating and I have to say that they never captured my interest and I've never been a fan even though they have had good results for the US. D/W caught my eye right away and they have renewed my love of all things ice dance.:love:

I especially love what CoP has done for ice dance. I can't wait for the competition at Worlds!

I would be shocked if D/W don't end up in the top 5. I can't compare them properly against B/A though, because I can't remember anything about their (B/A's) free dance. I tried youtube, but to no avail. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it. I've never been a huge fan of B/A. I much prefer V/M and D/W!

roseeRJ

Rinkside
Men
Gold - Abbott
Silver - Joubert
Bronze - Lysacek
4. Chan
5. Verner

Ladies
Gold - Kim
Silver - Rochette
Bronze - Kostner
4. Asada
5. Flatt

Ice Dance
Gold - Belbin / Agosto
Silver - Khokhlova / Novitski
Bronze - Virtue / Moir
4. Davis / White
5. Domina / Shabalin

Pairs
Gold - Pang / Tong
Silver - Savchenko / Szolkowy
Bronze - Zhang / Zhang
4. Dube / Davison
5. Mclaughlin / Brubaker

Hanaka

Rinkside
Asada ( I don't think that she is better than Rochette or Kim. She is strong. But I don't like her style and jumping technique. I don't expect her more than the bronze medal. )
I know she couldn't shine at 4CC, but I thought maybe I should recommend you see her performances live. Not only her beautiful 3As and 3A-tano2Ts, also her interpretation of music using her entire whole body. Especially please watch closely her feet, her skating, her footwork, her steps. No other lady can step like her. I'm sorry if this is off topic.

irinas

Rinkside
I know she couldn't shine at 4CC, but I thought maybe I should recommend you see her performances live. Not only her beautiful 3As and 3A-tano2Ts, also her interpretation of music using her entire whole body. Especially please watch closely her feet, her skating, her footwork, her steps. No other lady can step like her. I'm sorry if this is off topic.

I agree with you. She uses her whole body. But what disturbs ime s that she uses them "too" much and I don't like it.

In addition, everyone knows that she cheats on her jumps. Maybe It is allowed by ISU. But she is not as good as Rochette or Kostner.

By the way, let's stop talking about the skaters as It is off topic.

Thank you!

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Even though I did pretty well with the 4CC prediction, I am not going to predict the Worlds.

I admitt I am getting nervous...If anything'd happened, it happens.

Best of luck to all skaters!

~tapdancer

On the Ice
I predicted the dance podium at 4CC exactly right (didn't post it here) but I'm too anxious to predict Worlds. The discipline I follow is ice dance but it's so unpredictable this season with all the injuries, there's just no way to tell what's going to happen. I just hope it is as exciting as I think it's going to be.

dannyascii

On the Ice
LADIES
1. Asada
2. Rochette
3. Kim
4. CZISNY!!! :love: (I wish she were more consistent. She's just as good as any of the top three here when she's able to hold it together. She just...doesn't hold it together very often.)
(Although we all know it should be MICHELLE KWAN in the #1 spot)

MEN
1. Chan (If he can pull off another 4CC type performance)
2. Lysacek
3. Kozuka/ Abbott (Abbott is like Czisny. Absolutely amazing when he's "on." Just not "on" very often.)
4. Joubert (Not his greatest season, which is a shame.)

PAIRS
1. Pang and Tong
2. Savchenko and Szolkowy :(
3. Zhang and Zhang
4. Kawaguchi and Smirnov/ Dubé and Davison

DANCE
1. Khohklova and Novitski
2. Belbin and Agosto
3. Virtue and Moir
4. Domnina and Shabalin
5. Davis and White

Last edited:

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
This is what Im predicting what will happen(which I never do well :p)
NOT what I want to happen:

Men:

1) Chan
2) Joubert
3) Oda
4) Abbott
5) Kozuka
6) Lysacek
7) Ponsero
8) Verner
9) Mroz
10) Van Der Perren

Ladies:

1) Kim
2) Asada
3) Rochette
4) Kostner
5) Ando
6) Flatt
7) Suguri
8) Lepisto
9) Czisny
10) Phaneuff

Pairs:

1) Savchenko/Szolkowy
2) Pang/Tong
3) Zhang/Zhang
4) Kawaguchi and Smirnov
5) McLaughlin/Brubaker
6) Dube/Davison
7) Volosozhar/Morozov
8) Mukhortova/Trankov
9) Duhamel/Buntin
10) Denney/Barrett

Ice Dancing:

1) Virtue/Moir
2) Belbin/Agosto
3) Domnina/Shabalin
4) Khoklova/Novitski
5) Davis/White
6) Pechalat/ Bourzat
7) Kerrs
8) Faiella/Scali
9) Cappellini and Lanotte
10) Samelson/Bates

Last edited:

Big Deal

Final Flight
In the very unlikely case of everybody will be in top form, not making big mistakes, the result seems like that:

Ladies
1. Yu-Na Kim
2. Mao Asada
3. Carolina Kostner

Men
1. Brian Joubert
2.Patrich Chan
3. Kozuka

Pairs
1.Savchenko-Szolkowy
2.Pang-Tong.
3.Mukhortova Trankov

Dance
1. Domnina-Shabalin
2.Virtue-Moir
3.Kokhlova-Novitski.

elanna

Rinkside
My predictions for the Worlds:

Men:

1. Joubert:love::love:
2. Kozuka:love:
3. Chan

Ladies:

1. Asada:love::love:
2. Rochette:thumbsup:
3. Yu-Na

Pairs:

1. Pang/Tong:rock:
2. Savchenko/Szolkowy:love:
3. Dube/Davison:clap:

Dance:

1. Khohlova/Novitski
2. Davis/White:clap:
3. Virtue/Moir:love:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Men
1. Chan
2. Lysacek
3. Joubert
4. Kozuka
5. Oda
6. Verner

Ladies
1. Kim
2. Asada
3. Kostner
4. Lepisto
5. Rochette
6. Poykio

Pairs
1. Savchenko & Szolkowy
2. Pang & Tong
3. Kawaguchi & Smirnov
4. Mukhortova & Trankov
5. Zhang & Zhang
6. Volosozhar & Morozov

Ice dance
1. Khokhlova & Novitski
2. Domnina & Shabalin
3. Belbin & Agosto
4. Virtue & Moir
5. Kerr & Kerr
6. Davis & White

TrueAndJutice

Match Penalty
Men:

1) Joubert
2) Chan
3) Lysacek
4) Abbott
5) Kozuka

Ladies:

1) Kim
2) Rochette
3) Asada
4) Kostner
5) Flatt

Dipyramidal

On the Ice
Men:
Joubert
Oda
Kozuka
Chan

Women:
This mainly depends on what yuna or mao comes into the competition. gpf yuna or a 4cc mao will easily alter the position on the podium. Yuna has the jumps, the artisty, but at times when under the pressure she can crack up, like in 2007 worlds, and in 4cc. Mao can win, but her jumping is inconsistent this season, especially her 3F-3L,but something that has been consistent for her is the triple axels.
1.Mao or Yuna
2. Mao or Yuna
3. Carolina
4. Rochette
5. Fumie<3.

Pairs:
I really think this is going to come down to P/T and S/S. They are certainly the top teams in pairs right now, with Z/Z and D/D close behind them. At times, P/T can be very robotic concentrating deeply on the techincal elements, and not the artistic porpotion of figure skating. But this year, they have showed us that they can be artistic, yet sustain they're wonderful jumps and lift.

1. P/T
2. S/S
3. Z/Z
4.D/D
5. Russian pair. (Forgot they're names ><)

Dance: Really hard to predit this one because the abundance of amazing teams in the field.

1. V/M
2.D/W
3.B/A
4. D/S
5. K/N

casken

On the Ice
Pairs
1. Savchenko/Szolkowy
2. Pang/Tong
3. Zhang/Zhang
4. Mukhortova/Trankov
5. Kavaguti/Smirnov
6. Mclaughlin/Brubaker
7. Dube/Davison
8. Duhamel/Buntin
9. Volosozhar/Morozov
10. Denney/Barrett

Men
1. Oda
2. Chan
3. Abbott
4. Joubert
5. Lysacek
6. Kozuka
7. Verner
8. Ponsero
9. Voronov
10. Van Der Perren

Dance
1. Virtue/Moir
2. Belbin/Agosto
3. Khoklova/Novitski
4. Pechalat/Bourzat
5. Faiella/Scali
6. Davis/White
7. Kerr/Kerr
8. Domnina/Shabalin
9. Carron/Jost
10. Cappalleni/Lanotte
11.Samuelson/Bates
12. Crone/Poirier

Ladies
1. Mao
2. Kim
3. Rochette
4. Ando
5. Kostner
6. Flatt
7. Suguri
8. Lepisto
9. Czisny
10. Leonova

Yunalove*

Rinkside
go Yuna

Ladies:

1. Yuna Kim - new world record! :clap:
2. Joannie Rochette :biggrin:
3. Laura Lepisto :p

If the Judges are honest...:bow:
Yuna's Jump is the testbook!

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Who won the prediction for Lysacek's gold? I am surprised that many of the americans here did not predict that :)

dannyascii

On the Ice
Who won the prediction for Lysacek's gold? I am surprised that many of the americans here did not predict that :)
Ha. I just looked through the thread. I don't see anyone that put Lysacek first.
I will admit I was quite shocked. But what can I say? He had a great program. Good for him.
I absolutely hate his FS though. It's so ugly! And it doesn't have nearly the flow or transitions of Chan's program. I think the fact that Chan could make so many mistakes and still nearly beat Lysacek supports the fact that Chan's program is just...better. If only he hadn't doubled that stupid loop...
But what's done is done. Yay Evan:clap: