"Russian Challenge" Show Tournament Rules | Golden Skate

"Russian Challenge" Show Tournament Rules

Amei

Record Breaker
The regulations for the tournament on show programs "Russian Challenge" have become known.

The competition will be held on March 9 at the Yubileyny Sports Palace in St. Petersburg.

Current or retired skaters born in 2008 and older will be able to take part. Olympic and World Champions are admitted without selection.

The winner of the "Russian Challenge" will receive 5 million rubles, the second place winner will receive 3 million, and the third runner-up will receive 1 million. There will also be a special nomination from the audience and the media (1 million) and additional prizes in ten more categories (500 thousand rubles each).

After a preliminary review of applications, up to 18 participants will be invited to participate. The themes of the issues should reflect the diversity of historical and cultural traditions of Russia, ideas can be based on Russian literature, music, cinema and other forms of art.

The basis of the musical accompaniment can be domestic music, both classical and modern.

Amei

Record Breaker
Didn't see a thread for this so I posted this article that I saw.

1 good thing I noticed is that they increased the 'other categories' or prizes, so hopefully it reduces the upset faces we had at the end of last year.

I know Russia has a vast history and all that and I'll reserve final judgement for after the tournament but I don't particularly like that they restricted down the theme a bit. I loved how diverse the programs were last year.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Didn't see a thread for this so I posted this article that I saw.

1 good thing I noticed is that they increased the 'other categories' or prizes, so hopefully it reduces the upset faces we had at the end of last year.

I know Russia has a vast history and all that and I'll reserve final judgement for after the tournament but I don't particularly like that they restricted down the theme a bit. I loved how diverse the programs were last year.
It will be interesting I think. Hopefully, some of the guys will bring their generation's music, not that I mind 19th century treasure trove of Russian music and Soviet cinema.