SAP to Solar (and back) | Golden Skate

SAP to Solar (and back)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
For those who did this the last time - what are the options to get from one rink to the other or is it even worth it with the schedule they have? :scratch2: I was spoiled with my first US Nationals in 2005, the two rinks were like 2 minute walk from one entry to the other. SO NICE! Wish more were like that.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
These venues are not close to each other AT ALL. Public transportation could take 35-45 minutes. Taxis or other private means more $$ day in and day out if you want to see everything. GRRRRR.

I just don't understand why the Jr and Novice events can't be in the SAP Arena just as they were the last time Nationals was in San Jose.

Not only that, but some of the Championship practices aren't in the SAP arena---they are in the other venue.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
These venues are not close to each other AT ALL. Public transportation could take 35-45 minutes. Taxis or other private means more $$ day in and day out if you want to see everything. GRRRRR.

I just don't understand why the Jr and Novice events can't be in the SAP Arena just as they were the last time Nationals was in San Jose.

Not only that, but some of the Championship practices aren't in the SAP arena---they are in the other venue.

That sucks!

temadd

Final Flight
Those of us who are going should keep in touch and can try to share an Uber between the venues

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One other thing: it's bleacher (no back) seating at Solar. NOT the last word in comfort.