Sasha Cohen's Wedding | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's Wedding

mrrice

Record Breaker
No pic of her that girl doesn't look like sasha

Those pictures are definitely Sasha however, it would have been nice to see a picture of the man she's marrying. Who is he? Is he from the skating community?

Astrid56

Final Flight

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sasha will be a gorgeous Bride!: rock: Can't wait to see the wedding photos and her dress!

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I don't think we will see anything outlandish. Sacha now know as Alex married exactly who I pictured. A not too tall guy who looks also Jewish tho I don't know his background, but the daughter of wealthy people drove a Mercedes at 16 so I never saw her marrying a figure skater. I recall when she said she wanted to be a hedge fund manager but Sasha is into politics so better to marry one I guess. Sasha had a wonderful 2002 Olympics and I feel she was underscored because she was really quite new. Had never been to worlds. I still recall seeing those extensions and tiny pointed feet and all the times she fell and blew an otherwise perfect program.

David Wison said she was very exact- knew how long her jumps took to the nanosecond so nothing new in her interview we did not know already. It's hard to believe she was the last Oly medalist. The SP we loved and herLP we expected. Kimmie Meissner should have been able technically to do the job back then. Arakawa didn't even have to do a triple triple. Such a lack luster Olympics except for Irina with the power music and the unitard just trying to blast through. It was no ones fave ladies Oly when Idid that thread. Well who is Tara marrying? He won't be a tall guy either but I expect he will be very successful.

We should have the three dresses Kwan Cohen and Tara and give them podium placements. Will Tara have Johnny as maid of Honor? Just kidding but he could pull it off. But I dountshewillwant himto upstage her. Still what wil he wear? It will be interesting and flashy!

Ithink Sasha will go classic but I hope there is some boho chic in her costume. Remember her self designed Dark eyes dress? I would love to see some gypsy at the wedding. I think Tara will wear something like Michelle wore- best for her figure. We'll post away- when is the day? They have a beautiful part of the cape. Here's to your big daySasha and I expect it will be top shelf all the way!

Last edited:

stella luna

Final Flight
Ithink Sasha will go classic but I hope there is some boho chic in her costume. Remember her self designed Dark eyes dress? I would love to see some gypsy at the wedding. I think Tara will wear something like Michelle wore- best for her figure. We'll post away- when is the day? They have a beautiful part of the cape. Here's to your big daySasha and I expect it will be top shelf all the way!

And will Sasha be a veiled bride or will she wear a tiara?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Best wishes to Sasha :) and the groom.

Hopefully, she stayed on good terms with Badgley Mischka. Remember when she designed that dress for Sasha's Free Program. Absolutely beautiful. https://rinksidecafe.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sasha-cohen-swan-lake.jpg

I feel the need to say that two men (designers Badgley and Mischka) are behind the label "Badgley Mischka" :cool:. (Or did I misunderstand your pronoun usage??)

She dated Shaun....? ...

IIRC, the answer is No.
99% sure that when the fellow Olympians (who both were media darlings) eventually did meet, nothing came of it.
But before it became a non-story, the media was hyping a comment that he had made about wanting to meet her.

ETA:
And Sam-Skwantch :dbana:

Nothing that a meatball sub couldn't cure, I hope ;).

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wishing Sasha & Tom a joyous wedding day and much happiness in their feature! :luv17:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Best wishes to Sasha :) and the groom.

I feel the need to say that two men (designers Badgley and Mischka) are behind the label "Badgley Mischka" :cool:. (Or did I misunderstand your pronoun usage??)

IIRC, the answer is No.
99% sure that when the fellow Olympians (who both were media darlings) eventually did meet, nothing came of it.
But before it became a non-story, the media was hyping a comment that he had made about wanting to meet her.

ETA:

Nothing that a meatball sub couldn't cure, I hope ;).

I think you're right about Badgley Mischka. I think the name is similar to the luxury store, Bergdorf Goodman. Did that make sense. It's like the difference between Sears AND Roebuck. I think.:confused:

Last edited: