Shen & Zhao's wedding plan | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shen & Zhao's wedding plan

discoduck

On the Ice
Thank you Chinese Sports Ilustrated for proving the point I've been trying to make for years. Hongbo is hot. :rock:

They look gorgeous. :)

And another thing...Hongbo isn't quite ready for the nursing home yet. 34 is not old. :)

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Match Penalty
Aww :love: I am so happy for them, I wish them all the happiness in the world. I hope they have their dream wedding and many years of happiness together. :love:

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Aww..thank you! I wish I knew what they were saying though. :laugh: I still enjoyed watching them together because they are just too sweet.

The first Episode recounts how they practiced throw 4 sal and the extraordinary experience at 2003 worlds.

The impact from falls of practicing throw 4sal hurt Xue's body so badly that it caused stomach cramps from time to time.

She injuried her ankle duruing practice at 2003 worlds, but insisted on competing since she did not want to miss the chance. Before LP, she had 5 injections, and the feet were completely numb. All the elements were done depending on her muscle memory. The audience's clappings really helped them get through the program, and they felt so grateful. It's their most memorable moment.

The second episode mainly recounts their emotional struggle before 2006 Olys. They wanted the OGM so bad but Zhao's injury derailed their plan. It's so painful for Xue(she couldn't bear watching other pairs practice while thinking about their own condition) that she decided to join the singles skaters' practice group. Only 10 days before Olys, Hongbo still could not land 3toe, Xue was very impatient. She told hongbo there's no need to go if there's zero hope for gold. They had the argument on the ice, and Xue kept playing the music and forced hongbo to do triple jumps. Hongbo, however, was afraid of tearing his ancilles' tendon again before even leaving for Turino. He told Xue that if his anchilles' tendon was doomed to break apart again, he would rather have it happen on the Olympic arena, not before.

They also talked about their decision to come back after Olympics to prove themselves, give it all to every competition they entered, and they truly enjoyed practicing & skating from the bottom of their heart etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the translation, iloveaxel. I heard that about her foot at Worlds 03 from a commentator, but wasn't sure how much to believe it. It was even worse than I thought. Those two skate like angels and have hearts like lions'. I wish them joy!

iloveaxel

Match Penalty
Thanks for the translation, iloveaxel. I heard that about her foot at Worlds 03 from a commentator, but wasn't sure how much to believe it. It was even worse than I thought. Those two skate like angels and have hearts like lions'. I wish them joy!

She injuried her ankle during practicing a throw 4 sal. She said in an interview, since there were lots of American spectators coming to watch them practice, they did not want to disappoint them so they decided to try throw 4 sal (to entertain, my own word) those spectators. Throw 4 sal was really not necessary for them in 2003 since they were no longer competing against S&P and B&S who were supposed to have better 'artistry'.