Shoma Uno | Page 1154 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno

16Olympics

On the Ice
Sho's 97 year old (artist) grandfather, Fujio Uno, watching the press conference. He must be so proud of his amazing grandson. Artistry runs in the family.

Wow. That's an amazing shot. Shoma looks so gorgeous on camera and in a beautiful, tailored suit. The shots of him by Mizuno show he is very photogenic and I have always thought that he would be able to supplement his pro skating career modeling for these top companies. So overwhelming to see the joy he has generated when retiring (this cannot be 'faked') and I see it transferring to his post-competitive skating life.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I'm going to miss Shoma in competitions so much! But I'm so happy he is planning to skate as a pro and that he is happy too. Cheering for his fellow compatriots as they continue their careers, enjoying skating away from the stressful environment.
Happy retirement, Shoma! 🥹🤗

rabidline

Final Flight
I just want to say that... even though obviously I'm going to miss Shoma's presence in competitions, from my perspective as a fan I can't ask for a better competitive retirement rollout. In the last few days I saw so much love and respect from the figure skating world for the competitor that he was and the skater that he is. And I am very happy that he stepped down in the middle of such warmth and kindness, with utmost gratitude to the sport that has given him a place to express himself for so many years.

I think all I can wish for a fan is for Shoma to retire with grace and to be able to look back at his career and be happy with it, and this retirement is very much it. And that he is healthy, content and hopeful for his future is just the cherry on top 😭

Once again..... thank you Shoma!!! For your talent, your beauty, your resilience and your determination. You made me be able to see this sport and find amazing things in the competitive side of it, especially for singles. I can't wait to enjoy what the future brings for you and your skating.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
SO excited about Turandot duet. Jun had a really nice version of it too. It will be great to see what they do together! The burning question is, will either of them fit in the costumes they wore previously? I don't know, Sho's leprechaun costume is from 2015 - 2016 season and the other was 2017-2018. Hmmm. Turandot 1 & 2. And Turandot 3 was the yellow colored version of Turandot 2. It was beautiful, but most people weren't too crazy about it. I don't think he was either!

Turandot 1.jpgTurandot2.jpg

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The yellow and blue were Satomi Ito creations and really were beautiful. Team Yamada knew the importance of costumes, and I understand they started working on his costume for Turandot over a year before the Olys. Our Best-Dressed Prince! The yellow was beautiful, but I don't think the color suited him too well.Turandot 3.jpgTurandot3A.jpg

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@rabidline Totally agree with your thoughts, and thank you for expressing them so well. I was ready for the 14th to be such a down day, and it didn't turn out that way at all! It was happy, hopeful, cheerful, proud but humble, and so many other things. The incredible outpouring of love and respect from the skating world made everything just feel so amazing! Even people here on the forum whom I didn't know even followed him at all made some really nice comments. Overall, I think the word I would use to describe things was SATISFYING. Yes, I felt super nostalgic (and still do!), but it all had such a satisfying feel to it -- someone who gave it his all and can bow out knowing that it was a job well done and deserving of all the amazing accolades.

The fact that Mizuno, ColanTotte, and Toyota (especially Toyota!) want to continue to work with him is the icing on the cake. It makes me so proud and so happy!

Figskater23

Final Flight
Have you tried lacinato kale? Also, have you only had kale in salads? In addition to avoiding the fibrous stems, sautéing the kale can make it taste better. It cooks very quickly! And if you cook it long enough, it becomes as crispy as a potato chip! In fact, there's companies out there that sell kale chips in various flavors as a snack. Kale chips are surprisingly tasty!

(I understand the irony of being a vegetable advocate on a thread dedicated to a carnivore...but I hope that Shoma eats a vegetable at some point during his retirement. 😂)
Tried in a salad and a smoothie and both were gross! Don’t drink a kale smoothie Shoma!

rabidline

Final Flight
It's confirmed........... Shoma and Stephane will skate in an original collaboration program for Friends on Ice!!!!!!!

Stephane's announcement, which is so lovely. And he filmed it in Palavela too aaaaaaahhhh they both have GPF wins at Turin so it's a place full of memories like he said...

farornaskonung

Rinkside
I feel like the retirement hits me gradually... The past week I've relived so many moments and memories and there are still more to unpack and, thankfully, more to come. I'm very happy about that.

I'll miss Shoma very much (very, very much!) on the competitive circuit, but seeing him so happy, at peace and eager to continue professionally is a relief. And as many has said, what a privilege to end his amateur career on his own terms.

I'm also moved by all the love that's been sent in Shoma's way... So much appreciation for the skater and person he is. As he deserves.

I'm also very thankful for all of you active sharing news, translations, photos, thoughts here and/or elsewhere. I'm not very good at that myself but I appreciate it very much! :pray:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The Uno Cafe has listed its lunch menu ahead of its soft opening, including a daily special from the Uno household (it's the most expensive item on the menu, the one with the caricature)! The main reason I am posting this here is because Shoma replied to this post with (my translation): "The meat was higher quality than I was imagining it would be and it also looks delicious." It's such a wonderfully Shoma comment...🥩😁

Last edited: