Should Judges Names and Nationalities Be Shown in Competitions? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Should Judges Names and Nationalities Be Shown in Competitions?

Sould Names and Nationalities of Judges Be Shown when Scoring Competitions?

• No. It's better not to have a scandal

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • No. All Judges are honest

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Yes. Not all Judges are honest

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • Yes. Judges will fear exposure

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Yes on Names and No on Nationalities

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • A Complete scoring and names be shown

Votes: 77 68.1%

• Total voters

Heldentenor

Rinkside
Full disclosure. Why should fans and athletes have to settle for anything less?

I’m afraid I don’t buy into the argument that the current system protects judges from being pressured by their federations or other unscrupulous individuals. I certainly hope there haven’t been cases of athletes or their families/agents/supporters/what-have-you, trying to influence the judges through bribery or some other underhanded method.

Heldentenor said:
Full disclosure. Why should fans and athletes have to settle for anything less?

I’m afraid I don’t buy into the argument that the current system protects judges from being pressured by their federations or other unscrupulous individuals. I certainly hope there haven’t been cases of athletes or their families/agents/supporters/what-have-you, trying to influence the judges through bribery or some other underhanded method.
It doesn't protect the judges from Federation pressure. It protects the sport from scandal which makes speedy nervous. If the names and nationalities were known the judges would have second thoughts about any kind of hanky panky.

Joe