Skaters going to worlds and skaters skipping | Golden Skate

Skaters going to worlds and skaters skipping

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I know we heard The Shib Sibs, Adam Rippon, Duhamel and Radford, Patrick Chan and Virtue and Moir aren't going to Milan but there are some surprises.

B and S who had a shot at a world medal are skipping worlds. And so are Stolbova and Klimov - can someone explain this???

I also see that Higuchi is replacing Kaori.

With H and B replacing the Shibs and Max filling in for Adam/Jason/Ross - wow they really went down the list this will effect the world competition.

I am really curious why S and K aren't skating; i fear if they don't we may never see them again. Can someone explain?

So we now know it is safe to say C/L will get a world medal then one of the Americans though I am so hoping for Weapo. Coomes and Buckland are gone too.

So with the Shibsibs gone and B/S this increases the chance that Weapo and G/P can earn Canada 3 spots. France, Italy, USA 1, USA2, Weapo, USA 3, Russia, G/P so it is possible. If Weapowant toensure they help get three spots they need to beat two American teams.

H/D look like shoo ins for the bronze now. If Italy gets the silver as I expect as it is in Milan they have used up all their good luck and inmho should go. The french will have a cake walk. EVen if Gabby loss her top a few times they would still win.

Even with Higuchi Japan should get three spots in ladies; I suspect Osmond will have trouble getting on the podium. Watch one of the American l adies make a dramatic move up there.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I know we heard The Shib Sibs, Adam Rippon, Duhamel and Radford, Patrick Chan and Virtue and Moir aren't going to Milan but there are some surprises.

B and S who had a shot at a world medal are skipping worlds. And so are Stolbova and Klimov - can someone explain this???

I also see that Higuchi is replacing Kaori.

With H and B replacing the Shibs and Max filling in for Adam/Jason/Ross - wow they really went down the list this will effect the world competition.

I am really curious why S and K aren't skating; i fear if they don't we may never see them again. Can someone explain?

So we now know it is safe to say C/L will get a world medal then one of the Americans though I am so hoping for Weapo. Coomes and Buckland are gone too.

So with the Shibsibs gone and B/S this increases the chance that Weapo and G/P can earn Canada 3 spots. France, Italy, USA 1, USA2, Weapo, USA 3, Russia, G/P so it is possible. If Weapowant toensure they help get three spots they need to beat two American teams.

H/D look like shoo ins for the bronze now. If Italy gets the silver as I expect as it is in Milan they have used up all their good luck and inmho should go. The french will have a cake walk. EVen if Gabby loss her top a few times they would still win.

Even with Higuchi Japan should get three spots in ladies; I suspect Osmond will have trouble getting on the podium. Watch one of the American l adies make a dramatic move up there.

I'd place h/d higher than bronze.

S/K (she) is injured.

Caustica

Final Flight
Wakaba isn't replacing Kaori; Kaori was never assigned to Worlds. It was JSF's decision to send Kaori to the Olympics and Wakaba to worlds from the beginning.

vavavoom

Rinkside
Stolbova is injured, she would not have been able to compete at Olympics, had she been allowed to compete.

Coomes is out due to her ankle or knee, she seems to have health problems all the time, to an extent that this team competes every second season.

The poster above is right, Wakaba was assigned to Worlds and not Kaori, the same applies to Smart/Diaz vs. Hurtado/Khaliavin.

B/S and Fernandez are tired and need a break.

D/R and Chan retired. V/M not officially, but it's difficult to imagine them back.

Shibs and Rippon will be part of the challenging, 6 weeks Stars on Ice. They are likely tired and want to benefit from marketing opportunities.

I actually think this line-up for Worlds is really good, comparing to some of the past Olympic cycles... and that even if, let's say... Yuzuru did not show up. I hope he does...

And I personally think the Ladies line-up here is even stronger than at the Olympics.

I wonder though what would happen if Nathan Chen's health deteriorated and he would not be able to compete... Adam, Jason and Ross declined... would the US be able to assign a third skater to compete with Zhou and Aaron, or is it too late, as one can only specify three potential replacements for Worlds.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder though what would happen if Nathan Chen's health deteriorated and he would not be able to compete... Adam, Jason and Ross declined... would the US be able to assign a third skater to compete with Zhou and Aaron, or is it too late, as one can only specify three potential replacements for Worlds.

Would Grant Hochstein be next in line?

So happy that Max will now have this opportunity to return to Worlds!

nekun

On the Ice
I hope Hanyu WD, for his injury sake and as much as I love to see Mura at Worlds I like to see Kazuki Tomono more instead of him. Kazuki is the Future, he has the 'Uno' it factor going on.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

Jason and Ross are still on the ISU substitutes list for Worlds; their status was not affected by the fact that they told USFSA no for the Adam opening. If Nathan withdrew, they could be asked again (and might change their minds). But my understanding is that at this point, a country can't send a skater who is not already on the list.

skatenewbie

Medalist
why is only Jin Boyang in the entry? China supposed to have 2 entries in men right? Does Han Yan decline/WD from Worlds?

da96103

Record Breaker
I hope Hanyu WD, for his injury sake and as much as I love to see Mura at Worlds I like to see Kazuki Tomono more instead of him. Kazuki is the Future, he has the 'Uno' it factor going on.

Is Tomono the Figaro boy? He has potential.

desertskates

Medalist
Wakaba isn't replacing Kaori; Kaori was never assigned to Worlds. It was JSF's decision to send Kaori to the Olympics and Wakaba to worlds from the beginning.

This is what I wish had happened with the US ladies! Karen to the Olympics and Ashley to worlds. Sigh...

And as for Stolbova and Klimov, I do know she’s been injured, but I also get the distinct feeling that they’ll just fade away after this. Double sigh...

stolbovadivas

Match Penalty
I dont think Stolbova & Klimov will stop until they get atleast 1 world title. Mark my words!

- - - Updated - - -

Han Yan withdrew. No other men in China meet the TES requirement to substitute.

Why did he WD? Is he injured. I hope he is not retiring too.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

I don't think Kazuki could go; he's assigned to Coupe du Printemps which ends on March 18. If Hanyu withdrew, maybe they could send Murakami if he's OK health-wise; he was just 1 spot below Tomono at Nationals, and 10 spots below him in the world standings.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I don't think Kazuki could go; he's assigned to Coupe du Printemps which ends on March 18. If Hanyu withdrew, maybe they could send Murakami if he's OK health-wise; he was just 1 spot below Tomono at Nationals, and 10 spots below him in the world standings.

I don't think a Fed can send a skater not in the substitutes list, though. It's Mura or Tomono for Japan in case of a WD.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I don't think a Fed can send a skater not in the substitutes list, though. It's Mura or Tomono for Japan in case of a WD.

Right, I wasn't thinking straight, lol :palmf: