Skaters Who Wear Glasses | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Skaters Who Wear Glasses

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
In fact, if your glasses fog up when you are wearing a mask, it is a sign that your mask doesn't fit properly or is flawed or you aren't wearing it properly. Your breath should be going out through the mask, not over the top of it and onto your glasses.
It amazes me that so many people dont realize the mask is there to protect you and others. Either way, if there is space between the side of the nose and the mask, it isnt working for you and others. The fogging is a tool. With my face, the 3M 9205 (USA made) or the equivolant 3M 9210 (3M Singapore) fit great for us eye glass wearers. $3 on Ebay in lots of 5 ea. No outlet valve so it also protects others. Other 3M masks in my collection will keep out wildfire smoke but wont protect others due to that outlet valve. I suppose you could double mask.
smoke 2_zpstjpk4yvu.jpg

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I have never worn contacts and certainly dont skate but if someone were to fall during an element and a contact were to fall out, would it be noticed if ran over by a skate?
rika.jpg

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
I have never worn contacts and certainly dont skate but if someone were to fall during an element and a contact were to fall out, would it be noticed if ran over by a skate?
View attachment 3721

As someone who has worn contacts for the past 10 years or maybe more, I would say that it's quite difficult for a contact to fall, unless you're scratching your eyes or you haven't worn your contact properly, but in this case you wouldn't see anything from the beginning.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
As someone who has worn contacts for the past 10 years or maybe more, I would say that it's quite difficult for a contact to fall, unless you're scratching your eyes or you haven't worn your contact properly, but in this case you wouldn't see anything from the beginning.
I would assume having a contact drop out during a skating fall would be very rare. The skater would of course notice it. Maybe if hit by another skater, it wouldnt be noticed.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I tried contacts, but I have dry eyes, and one big problem I had was a contact either falling out or turning over in my eye.