Smirnova's Group (Army of FS) | Golden Skate

Smirnova's Group (Army of FS)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am not sure if anyone else is interested in this group and its skaters currently competing (Ivan popov, Makar Puzin, Victoria Morozova), but I ran across this article and wouldn't mind keeping things together as the group hopefully develops. If there is interest, I am happy to translate the story.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Here is Ivan at the Rusakov Memorial where he won a silver medal, his Master of Sports title, and a big stuffie whale:

Btw, I am so glad that Irina Sharova is still sharing all these pictures on insta with us. I've never in my life written an insta message to anyone, but I think I should say thank you to her.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Was happy to see the photos, and that MS is deserved. Good luck next season to the group!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Last edited:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Also, really looking forward to seeing Yana Astashwnkova in juniors (?) this season. I like Morozova, so I bet the two young woman would be lots of fun!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Sorry to see none of the guys made test skates, but I am hoping for a breakthrough this year!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am worried about the lack of news about the group, particularly with other FSA skaters being in Moscow Cup, and Smirnova’s Team so completely absent. 🥹🤞

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Congratulations to Popov and Smironova’s Team for bronze medal in Kazan’. Looks like we’ll be seeing him in the Senior Nationals!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, the vid is finally up. About 3 min in is where Popov trips, then does ‘ah, what the heck!’ 3A-2A-2A sequence in a circular pattern 😅

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Juniors are in Samara. Morozova opened junior women’s program and skated with style and panache. Can’t wait to see Puzin later today, and good luck to the team to qualify for the RusNats.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
with all the non-stop excitement, this scatter brained old lady forgot to celebrate Victoria Morozova’s wonderful strong finish. She didn’t flinch and took silver! Congratulations!

And speedy recovery to Puzin after WD.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Team Smirnova presented another student at Perm’, Maria Krasnozhonova. Lovely light jumps!