Sofia Akateva | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Sofia Akateva

Tonight's the Night

On the Ice
Country
United-States
How come she wears Golden Wings on her jacket?

It's the logo of her sponsor. Check out the previous page of this thread, this post and below it:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Sof'ya pleased with her new sponsorship, and the Golden Wings she can now wear on jacket and apparel

and
That video is amazing and so professionally done for a 13 year old I can't believe it. Sofia really seems to have the total package. The skills style and grace are already there. Did Evgenia or Alina or Adelina or Yulia or Sasha or Adelina have such skills style and grace at 13? Nyet. Hopefully Junior Nationals is a great event for Sofia. The pressure will be on her to bring home the gold for TT.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's the logo of her sponsor. Check out the previous page of this thread, this post and below it:

Thanks. I like the golden wings and I hope it symbolizes a lot of gold medals for Sofia in the future.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
That video is amazing and so professionally done for a 13 year old I can't believe it. Sofia really seems to have the total package. The skills style and grace are already there. Did Evgenia or Alina or Adelina or Yulia or Sasha or Adelina have such skills style and grace at 13? Nyet. Hopefully Junior Nationals is a great event for Sofia. The pressure will be on her to bring home the gold for TT.
Well I guess it was done by professionals hired by the sponsor.

Otherwise I completely agree of course, Sofia has all the features of the future champion. I am hooked since I saw her in Ice Age Kids.

Scott512

Record Breaker

Otherwise I completely agree of course, Sofia has all the features of the future champion. I am hooked since I saw her in Ice Age Kids.

That was amazing.

I had never seen that before.

Such beautiful skating by Sofia.

I know after that and this video is probably a couple years ago beforevshe went through the cat ears stage didn't she?

She looks totally different this year like she's ready to win Nationals or if there was a junior worlds.

Who was that coaching Sofia before her skate? Zheylenkov?

Shayuki

Record Breaker

I was very impressed by this performance by Akatieva, indeed. I wasn't really aware that she had it in her at the time. Well, I knew she had some performing ability, but this is very impressive. She's not really been on this level in her competition skates, I feel, but at least it's there.
That was amazing.

I had never seen that before.

Such beautiful skating by Sofia.

I know after that and this video is probably a couple years ago beforevshe went through the cat ears stage didn't she?

She looks totally different this year like she's ready to win Nationals or if there was a junior worlds.

Who was that coaching Sofia before her skate? Zheylenkov?
Well that's from 3 years ago, so she would look a bit different.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I was very impressed by this performance by Akatieva, indeed. I wasn't really aware that she had it in her at the time. Well, I knew she had some performing ability, but this is very impressive. She's not really been on this level in her competition skates, I feel, but at least it's there.
This was her best performance at the show, usually she wasn't that clean. I believe it was Berestovskaya who won the first season after all.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This was her best performance at the show, usually she wasn't that clean. I believe it was Berestovskaya who won the first season after all.
I think Sofia still deserved to win even if she couldn't reach this level again.

Actually, I'm very eager to see the international reactions to Akatieva when she enters international juniors next season, assuming we can get a real season going.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
For Sofya Akatyeva's 3A and 4T, I'm trying to find...

• The oldest available footage of her landing each jump. Could be from practice or competition.

• The oldest available footage of her landing each jump in competition.

• The oldest available footage of her landing each jump in competition without any calls and with non-negative GOE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, just to confirm, I know we've seen her land 4S in practice, but she hasn't yet attempted it in competition, right?

Mawwerg

Final Flight
For Sofya Akatyeva's 3A and 4T, I'm trying to find...

• The oldest available footage of her landing each jump. Could be from practice or competition.

• The oldest available footage of her landing each jump in competition.

• The oldest available footage of her landing each jump in competition without any calls and with non-negative GOE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, just to confirm, I know we've seen her land 4S in practice, but she hasn't yet attempted it in competition, right?
I believe Sofia's first clean quad attempt was at Volkov memorial in November 2019 and her first in competition attempt was at Junior Moscow Championship in September 2019. However I don't have any links. :)

Azikin

Medalist
Good luck! Wishing for podium for both these lovely girls! :pray::cheer2::cheer:
3dijD-2MJYs.jpg