Sofia Akateva | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Sofia Akateva

Giltedge

Final Flight
yQTgPY7tizA.jpg

Scott512

Record Breaker
Why was she scored so low when she landed her 3A always scoring over 80 in the SP so far this season? It seems like a certain big mouth screaming about the scores of the TT girls worked. So Sofia finish behind someone who does not have a 3A for the SP? Petro was held down too. Either score it this way all season or score at like they did in the cup series. They can't be going back-and-forth it looks stupid.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Why was she scored so low when she landed her 3A always scoring over 80 in the SP so far this season? It seems like a certain big mouth screaming about the scores of the TT girls worked. So Sofia finish behind someone who does not have a 3A for the SP? Petro was held down too. Either score it this way all season or score at like they did in the cup series. They can't be going back-and-forth it looks stupid.
One thing is that the scoring at the cup includes bonuses. Second one is that Sofia's combo wasn't perfect and she received "q" call for her 3A. And the third one is that the scoring truly wasn't fully adequate, considering that Sofia Samodelkina did much more serious mistake that was ignored ;)

But I'll wait with the final verdict for tomorrow.

Scott512

Record Breaker
One thing is that the scoring at the cup includes bonuses. Second one is that Sofia's combo wasn't perfect and she received "q" call for her 3A. And the third one is that the scoring truly wasn't fully adequate, considering that Sofia Samodelkina did much more serious mistake that was ignored ;)

SA should have scored 77 at least. It was obvious they were holding TT girls down. Petro was held down too.

SA should be further ahead of SS than she is.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I bet Sofia is relieved to have won and that its over. There was a lot of pressure on this girl to deliver for TT. She won the biggest Junior competition of the season.

I don't think there's any question that Sofia is the best 13 year old girl we've ever seen. Whatever happens from here on out remains to be seen. But she already has quads and a 3A at 13 and she really does have the total package. That said this competition was very close and if she could have a couple of less mistake she would have blown everyone away.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Congratulations to the beautiful Sofia on winning her first JrNats title! It wasn't the best it could be, but she knows that better than anyone.

I feel like she's been around for so long, but she's still so young. Great things will continue to come to this girl, I'm sure of it. I'm also sure many are happy her bday is when it is :dance3:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the beautiful Sofia on winning her first JrNats title! It wasn't the best it could be, but she knows that better than anyone.

I feel like she's been around for so long, but she's still so young. Great things will continue to come to this girl, I'm sure of it. I'm also sure many are happy her bday is when it is :dance3:
I agree especially with your last sentence.
I only hope she gets to compete as a senior as soon as possible. Sofia really has the whole package. But this is been a brutal week tough year on and off the ice for all the figure skaters with training getting screwed up many skaters becoming ill with the virus. It's just been crazy for the world in the world of sports and Sofia found a way to win today not skating her best. For the girls this was the biggest junior journeymen of the year and the entire world and I think a lot of them felt that pressure.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
I agree especially with your last sentence.
I only hope she gets to compete as a senior as soon as possible. Sofia really has the whole package. But this is been a brutal week tough year on and off the ice for all the figure skaters with training getting screwed up many skaters becoming ill with the virus. It's just been crazy for the world in the world of sports and Sofia found a way to win today not skating her best. For the girls this was the biggest junior journeymen of the year and the entire world and I think a lot of them felt that pressure.

It's hard to predict what will happen season to season when they're this young, but from the first moment my eyes saw this girl, I thought this is the biggest threat to basically everyone. And she's only gotten stronger in the last few years. She also has no real weaknesses though she can still improve, and she's not even junior eligible yet :devil:

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's hard to predict what will happen season to season when they're this young, but from the first moment my eyes saw this girl, I thought this is the biggest threat to basically everyone. And she's only gotten stronger in the last few years. She also has no real weaknesses though she can still improve, and she's not even junior eligible yet :devil:
All true.

I think Sofia had a lot of pressure on her for junior Nationals. I think they all felt some kind of pressure because this was it for them this season. The whole Junior worlds or Junior Grand Prix final or Junior Grand Prix series that Junior Nationals was even more important than the usual.

Like you said fool we don't know how things are going to play out in her career. But I think it's safe to say Sofia it is the best 13 year old girl we've ever seen. She's clearly ahead of where Anna Sasha and Aliona were at 13 as well as Zhenya and Alina and Adelina and Yulia and Yuna and Tara and Michelle etc etc etc.

That said she needs to start working more with Eteri now so she can clamp down on some of Sofia's inconsistencies. If the S - Kat
starts to skate cleaner watch out!

Azikin

Medalist
Hm, it's very interesting how little talk there is of Akatieva even though she'll be junior eligible next season. I guess that's when it'll begin, but considering the level of her talent it's rather curious.
It is when comparing to Anna.. :unsure: But it's also because of the new forum age rules, I guess..