SOI Next Year | Golden Skate

SOI Next Year

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hey all,

Contemplating going for SOI again next year... But I'd like to ask a question...how does one acquire those "backstage" passes or "meet-and-greet" thingys? I've heard people say they're only available to folks with "connections", or that there's no (direct) way for the GP to get some, but how exactly does it work? Even though I was a member of the SOI club last year, I still could not even know about, let alone figure out how to get, one of those green stickers. It always seems like a sizable chunk of the audience (I'd estimate, maybe about 10-15% at the shows I've been to) has them.

I'd like to note that this is not a factor in my decision (I had fun last year, and if next year's lineup is appealing, I will go) but it would be cool to see if there was SOME way to get a green sticker...if not, that's OK...doesn't hurt to at least try I suppose...;)

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
As long as I can remember,with SOI you can only get a backstage pass if you have "connections".Or win a contest or something.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
As long as I can remember,with SOI you can only get a backstage pass if you have "connections".Or win a contest or something.

Maybe I have missunderstood, but being a member of SOI fan club might give one that benefit this season? Those interested can check it on the SOI forum.

Last edited:

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Maybe I have missunderstood, but being a member of SOI fan club might give one that benefit this season? Those interested can check it on the SOI forum.

Unless they've changed things this year(i was a member last year),it's only a chance,not a 100% garuntee.Has that changed?

skamper23

Medalist
The flyer I received for this years SOI had a plug in it to join the SOI fan club and here's a quote from it: "Get to know your favorite skaters personally through Meet & Greets, blogs, backstage photos,videos,contests, & More!"

Exactly how these meet and greets are going to work is what I'd like to know! I'm a member of the fan club, but don't purchase my tickets through it because they want you to buy before you even know what date the show will be on. They didn't offer this fan club perk this last year. I thought about e-mailing SOI, but I thought I'd wait until they roll out the new websites, which they say should be soon. If there's not information about this I will e-mail them.

babyoscar

On the Ice
pass

also, if you have the credit card MBNA, Mastercard, they offer rewards program that offers passes and tickets.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the connections are anything from friends/family of skaters(was offered some tickets to go backstage at COI one time, and I couldn't afford to fly down to the show for just one night! *cries*), an employee of the sponsers/IMG, and the like...

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I'm not sure what they have cooking for the Fan Club now. I joined a couple of weeks ago (this is my second go round for the club....I did it two years ago but not last year) and I noticed those comments when I visited the website as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see with regards to that feature of being a club member. You really do have to know someone in order to go backstage or to the practice before the show. It's not all that easy for just anyone to get that type of benefit. The sponsors of the tour also give tickets and passes to people who work for their company. I usually see tons of Smuckers people at the Cincy or Columbus shows, LOL :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hmm...sounds like FC members will have to keep me updated... ;)

I was a member last year, like I said, and there was nothing like this before. They didn't offer all that much IMHO so that's why I didn't renew. Besides, they haven't even updated the site with the new tour info (just the new dates).

babyoscar

On the Ice
mbna

Hmm...sounds like FC members will have to keep me updated... ;)

I was a member last year, like I said, and there was nothing like this before. They didn't offer all that much IMHO so that's why I didn't renew. Besides, they haven't even updated the site with the new tour info (just the new dates).

mbna rewards:
1) FOUR TICKETS TO ATTEND SMUCKER'S® STARS ON ICE® AND RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED PROGRAM
25,000 Points
https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/RMSapp/Ctl/link?eid=69AC694F&iid=000289

2) FOUR TICKETS TO ATTEND SMUCKER'S® STARS ON ICE®, RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED PROGRAM AND MEET THE CAST
35,000 Points
https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/RMSapp/Ctl/link?eid=69AC694F&iid=000291

3) TWO TICKETS TO ATTEND SMUCKER'S® STARS ON ICE® AND RECEIVE AN AUTOGRAPHED PROGRAM
15,000 Points
https://wwwa.managerewardsonline.fiacardservices.com/RMSapp/Ctl/link?eid=69AC694F&iid=000287

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ hey, that's really cool. :agree: unfortunately I do not have the membership though. :(

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
HMM. I wonder if I should enquire. Employer PVH sponsor the Izod Center, where SOI will be appearing. I just sent an e-mail to someone to find out if there are discounts and/or tickets going to be available to employees. I wonder if it's possible to get backstage?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^ ya never know.

if anyone DOES get to go, just know I'm extremely jealous (still kicking myself that I couldn't get down to Portland to see Melissa and Denis when I had the chance a few years ago!)

Simone

Match Penalty
I may go to a Stars on Ice if I have the time off from my studies and from working...

R.D.

Record Breaker
I guess I should point out that if I do decide to go, it will likely be the show in Philadelphia on the 13th of March (It's easy to catch a train there and back).

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, some updates:

1) The new SOI website is up. www.starsonice.com with the new info and cast.

2) I got an email for a special pre-sale and I decided to take advantage of it. So I'm going to the show I mentioned above. For a pretty penny, too (the price went up this year!!)

3) I'll try to keep an eye out for any contests/promotions. *fingers crossed!*

libby

Match Penalty
Just as I figured, from Scott Hamilton's gushing over Evan at Skate America and ignoring Johnny (even to the point of doing a whole segment about why Evan didn't win the gold - and shrieking "IT'S SO UNFAIR!" - and never mentioning Johnny, the silver medalist, at all):

Scott has already hired Evan for his SOI tour for the second year in a row and not Johnny, and will be promoting the heck out of Evan at every opportunity. Never mind that the poll SOI did on their own website asking fans who they wanted to see on the tour picked Johnny over Evan by a margin of eleven-to-one - Scott was never going to give him a chance.

R.D.

Record Breaker
RD, by all means come to Philly!

It's set. Reservations have been made. (now if only I could track down a pass ;) )

Jeff will be in the Philly show :clap:!

Any more guest stars? Meissner was at the Baltimore show last year...(and just missed shaking her hand too...if I was only 5 more seats down :p )

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good for you! :clap: :party:

Perhaps there will be other guest stars announced closer to the date of the show (some time after US Nationals?). Keep in mind that the Philly show is a little before Worlds, so the Olympic eligible skaters would be busy training for Worlds. Anyway, I'm thrilled that Jeff is doing 1/2 of the US tour, and that we'll get to see him in Philly.

Last edited: