SOI Oklahoma City | Golden Skate

SOI Oklahoma City

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I'm excited. My daughter is on her way here and we will leave in the morning. It is a good time for me to take off and try to leave my worries at home. We also have tickets for COI in Ks City in July. I'd better go finish packing. :clap:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Have fun Grgranny!!!!:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Well, it was great. I'm not real sure but I think the triple Kurt did was an axle. My old eyes are too slow sometimes to catch which (of the few jumps I know).
I didn't catch any Lutzes so don't know if there were any. I'm thinking you really don't see many in those type of shows. The biggest "flub" was Bereznia (sp) fell on a jump or throw. Think it was a throw. It was kind of a nasty fall. Since I can't write or remember, makes it a little hard to report. :rofl: :chorus: It's about a three hour drive. Was home by 2 pm Weds. I was really disappointed in the attendance. Not even half full. Really sparse. Hope it wasn't so bad they don't come back. Except for the extra large person crowding me out, it was great. Those folding seats on the ice, are nailed in so you can't scoot them apart. One couple, really unhappy with their seats, moved so we eventually had more room. Ours weren't as good as anticipated as we were too far down the side (where the skaters come on to the ice) and there is very little action there. Sure missed Meno & Sand. I keep hoping we might get Kulik sometime but never do.

There weren't any of the flyers that invite you to the next show there so doubt if they come back. It was really good to get away from all my problems. It's my angel daughter and my time to just enjoy our time together.

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
GrGranny-
Elena B took a nasty fall on a throw jump too when I saw the show in San Diego a few weeks ago. At another show someone said she and Anton fell on the throw jump. Maybe they should take the throw jump out.

I'm glad you had a good night out, GrGranny, and that you enjoyed the show.
There have been a lot of dissatisfied reports on it this year.
The attendance seems to fall off every year in Philadelphia compared to the first few years I saw the show there. I've been attending since 1995. The whole venue used to sell out, now you're lucky if there is very sparse audience in the upper bowl, if any at all. Maybe the Olympic year will help peak an interest again.

ildah

Rinkside
No, the attendance was up last year over the year before, and this year apparently it's better for the third year in a row.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Grgranny said:
I was really disappointed in the attendance. Not even half full. Really sparse. Hope it wasn't so bad they don't come back.

I keep hoping we might get Kulik sometime but never do.

Sorry to hear that about attendance... Well, maybe next season they will have some new skaters (Olympic gold medalists) to draw more people in.

I believe that only Kurt Browning has been announced as guest skater this season. Maybe after the Olympics there will be more guest stars as there was that poll on SOI website (which skaters do you wish to see in SOI).. The possibilities in men were eligible skaters plus Ilia Kulik as the only pro.