Spoiled or Cold Turkey? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Spoiled or Cold Turkey?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m watching Eurosport, so the broadcasts are live for European and World Championships (the latter depending a bit from which continent the competiton is being held). From Washington D.C. Worlds we saw something not live.

For cheese-fest or pro competitions I try to find results as soon as possible and not waiting for a tape to arrive from USA.

Marjaana

Jennifer

On the Ice
I'm planning on going unspoiled. Not knowing the results really adds to the excitement for me.

It is going to be hard though. It looks like the events will be over in the morning and it'll be really hard for me to stay away from the board all day.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Spoiled all the way.............I can't stand the thought that someone out there knows the results and I don't.....
:D 42

mariana

On the Ice
I'll try my best to go unspoiled. But that means I'll have to avoid all internet figure skating pages for more than to weeks:cry:
It's gonna kill me, but I'll try because I want to watch the transmition whitout knowing who's gonna be the winner.
So, goodbye for a while. Best whishes.
Mariana

starshinexavier

On the Ice
I'm going to be so spoiled. I already have the IceCalc site bookmarked, and will be sitting at my computer pressing refresh every 5-6 minutes when I'm not in class. Thankfully CBC is showing comprehensive coverage, so I'll be able to see a lot that I'll be missing by not being in Dortmund. Germany's 6 hours ahead of EST, right?

Unspoiled!
I like to learn the results while I'm watching.....during the '98 Olympics I remember hearing that Kulik won the mens OGM before I'd seen it air and I was so ticked off!!!

LadyM76

Rinkside
Spoiled for Me

I have to be spoiled. I was spoiled last year and this year for Nationals. I am just superstitious(Sp?) enough to feel like I need to watch the results online in order for my favorite to do well. I know its kinda silly, but oh well.
LadyM76
PS...I am so excited for Worlds.....

Tawnee

Spectator
I'm the one who is always hitting the refresh button every 5 seconds. :laugh: Very very spoiled.

TRAxel

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Antilles said:
Unspoiled. It's much more exciting that way. Except for the QR and the CDs. I don't need to be surprised for that.

I agree!

eliza88

On the Ice
This is sooooo hard! I know the Mens QR results and that is it. I do so want to click on the Pairs SP but my hand will not let me guide the mouse there! I know I will enjoy it more if I go unspoiled...

I generally do my "Goldenskate" at work where the connection speed is far superior to my wimpy modem at home. Here's hoping for a VERY busy work week so I don't have time for idle hands! Unfortunately today is a snorefest! Ahhhhhh!

eliza88

R.D.

Record Breaker
Cold turkey, man. All the way. :D

Are the (ladies) qualifying rounds being shown in the US? If not, then I guess I am going to be "spoiled" for that, but...it's only a few hours' difference betweeen the live event and the broadcast...why be spoiled for that?

RoaringMice

On the Ice
I plan to be semi spoiled. I'll read all about the qualifying rounds, and probably the shorts, but will wait to read about MOST OF the long programs and final placements until after they are televised. It's more fun that way.

I usually read about the long programs until the final group starts, since we only ever get to see the final flight on tv in the US, and I am interested in how lower placing skaters do.

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Spoiled

OK I am a big skating competition armchair chicken.....

so therefore, spoil me rotten!

Go Michelle - Go Sasha - Go Eman!

Tenorguy

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Taking spoiled to a whole new level..

Don't worry - I promise not to say a word to spoil anything for the unspoiled.

Today is the first time ever I was able to get the Eurosport live audio coverage. After some technical problems that werent' solved on Monday, got it up just in time to *hear* the whole Men's SP. As a US person, the most frustrating thing is our limited TV coverage, and not hearing anything about skaters much below the top six for the SP and LP.

I couldn't see it, but just enjoyed it like a blind person might. I kept the ISU version of the score / results page on the web (it is updated almost instantly when the arena announcers announce the scores. The rankings are updated, who's up next updates, etc.

It was really exciting - and especially so since I was able to *hear* about skaters I never get to see, and also experience the drama as skaters moved up and down the rankings in real time.

I liked this SOOOO much that I'm going to spoil myself tomorrow (well, middle of the night actually) and get up frightfully early and experience the ladies QR that way. I think it starts at 3AM CST - gotta check to make sure, and also set up the coffee machine on the timer LOL!

Just wanted to throw this out in case you've never tried it.

I'm not a baseball fan particularly, and I NEVER understood how people (like my Dad who has done this forever) could listen to baseball on the radio. Now I get it. Takes a few performances to get the "ears" going instead of the "eyes" going. I'm glad I did.

Spoiled and ABSOLUTELY LOVIN' IT!!!!

DG