Spring Cleaning - Anyone Start? | Golden Skate

Spring Cleaning - Anyone Start?

L

Ladskater

Spring Cleaning - Anyone Start?

It's <em>that</em> time of year again! The dreaded Spring cleaning! Oh boy, I don't know where to start. I need my rugs cleaned and my closests reorganzied. My apt. is not terribly big, but it really needs a good revamping. Maybe, I should look into Trading Spaces. Anyone know Martha Stewarts help line number?

Ladskater

D

dlksk8fan

Re: Spring Cleaning - Anyone Start?

I guess you can say I am spring cleaning. I will be moving so I have been cleaning out everything and getting ready to have a big garage sale so I don't have to pack too much!

L

Ladskater

dlksk8fan:

Great idea. I would love to move. I just can't get the energy up to do it.

Ladskater

N

Nadya Lyubova

I really should do that, too. I have to sell a few parts of my furniture because I'm going to move out in a few months, and I can't take any of my furniture to the new dorm I'll move in. And I have to clean that apartment up finally....:rolleyes:

B

Blue Bead

Yuck! How I despise the thought....but does anyone have any recommendations on home made cleaning products that actually work? :lol:

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">I actually started spring cleaning when I had to gather my stuff for taxes. I'd say I'm about 75% done with the spring cleaning, which is making me VERY happy! You see, I'm one of those people who is INCREDIBLY organized with regard to paperwork when it comes to my work life but somewhat of a disaster when it comes to my own personal stuff. My manager was looking over one of my files once and commented on how he wished everyone could be as organized as I am... my husband and I had a good laugh over THAT one! :rollin:

</span>

J

JOHIO2

Hi Ladskater,

I'll be doing spring cleaning this week. Have no real choice as the landlord's having the place exterminated next week. They always manage to schedule these things right before major holidays. Last year it was Christmas.... Easter at least gives the frenzy of chasing dust bunnies a festive name!

D

Dee4707

I still need to do last year's spring cleaning.:rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

Dee

P

Pookie

I've got my house sold, I think. So that means I get to clean this one and the next one I buy. I've had to try to keep this one in shape for people to look at it, so I already have some stuff done. I absolutely hate housework!

If I ever get rich, I am going to have a housekeeper. :lol:

D

DORISPULASKI

Oh Yuck. The only thing worse than spring cleaning one house is spring cleaning 2 houses, the one for sale and the one you bought to move to. And that's what I'm doing this week. (We're moving to the retirement home, but it has always been a camp. So there's lots to do there and even more in the old house.)

As to organizing closets, we just bought some of those nifty little wire racks and shelf drawers and so forth in the Home Depot, but after we got them all installed the closet looked better but the exact amount of stuff that came out of the closet just went back into it. Disappointing! :(

dpp

D

dlksk8fan

Pookie-
I feel your pain, the pain of having to keep a house clean for stangers! I'm so glad that I can start packing and not have to make a bed if I don't want to:p One good thing about the house I am moving to is that it is new so at least I don't have to clean it before I move in.

S

Show 42

I actually like spring cleaning. Just give me a messy closet and I'm a happy camper........I love organizing and rearranging furniture and drawers.........:D 42

D

dlksk8fan

Show- you can visit me anytime and clean:D

S

Show 42

Ha! No problem, dlk........;) 42

P

Pookie

dlksk8fan, You're one up on me. I don't even know where I'm moving yet. :lol:
Makes it more exciting that way. :p

Show, my big sister was the organizer in our family. She was always trying to organize me. She loved rearranging furniture and re-decorating.
I think I'm a lost cause. Her house was always spotless and everything in it's place. I was always jealous but just never could accomplish it. So anything you could to do help would be fine. :D

S

sk8cynic

Ugh, spring cleaning......

This year I actually got out of it since we went through everything and got rid of a bunch of stuff before moving back East. Even so, I'm amazed at what made the cut.

The other half and I are both packrats extraordinaire, so I really had to sit on my hands and apply the following rule:

If I haven't worn in in two seasons, it goes to charity.
If it's broken, it doesn't get saved for 'parts' - it goes in the trash.
If it's not used regularly, it gets boxed and stored
If I have two (or more) of something, I get rid of the extras.

I also forced myself to go through the myriad of books that seem to be fruitful and multiply on the shelves. If I didn't enjoy the book, I got rid of it. No point in keeping it around if it's going to collect dust. Same thing with CDs.

I'll never be a minimalist, but doing the above keeps the clutter in check and keeps me a little bit more sane (not to mention it makes room for new clutter! :lol: )

D

dlksk8fan

<span style="color:red;font-family:helvetica;font-size:medium;">Hey! I was in line first!</span>:lol:

P

Pookie

I just wish my clothes were in my closet in any order! :lol:
Mine are on the dresser, in the clothes basket, in the dryer. . . You get the idea. I do draw the line at throwing them on the floor. :lol: