Stanislava Konstantinova | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Stanislava Konstantinova

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Stasya plans to return to competition in January! :cheer2: First she had some trouble with pain in her foot, then she suffered a mild case of Covid. But they didn't want to take any risks and so she did not perform at the Cup stages and therefore couldn't qualify for Nationals. By now most of her jumps are restored and she plans to skate in some New Year shows.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...varya-rasschityvayu-zayavlyatsya-na-ross.html

Scott512

Record Breaker
Stasya plans to return to competition in January! :cheer2: First she had some trouble with pain in her foot, then she suffered a mild case of Covid. But they didn't want to take any risks and so she did not perform at the Cup stages and therefore couldn't qualify for Nationals. By now most of her jumps are restored and she plans to skate in some New Year shows.

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skatin...varya-rasschityvayu-zayavlyatsya-na-ross.html
She looks amazing from the recent photos I've seen. But of course that's not figure skating shape. Hopefully Stasya will be 100% for next season.

This damn covid is a real problem.

Azikin

Medalist
She looks amazing from the recent photos I've seen. But of course that's not figure skating shape. Hopefully Stasya will be 100% for next season.
But the question is what she can do next season. Probably just compete in the Russian Cup..

Scott512

Record Breaker
But the question is what she can do next season. Probably just compete in the Russian Cup..
That may be so but I would hope she would get a challenger or 2.

Also the article said that Stanislava would like sign up for Russian starts in January. Are there any competitions early in 2022 that she could skate in? Or is she just looking to do shows at this point because Stasya is so.........
so.......... statuesque and is unbelievable in shows! She could have great success doing skating shows. But if she wants to give competitions another try that would be good too.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
As long as Stasya is happy skating, I don't care at all where she performs. If she only skates at Cup of Russia stages, then I will enjoy her beauty and elegance at Cup of Russia. The most important thing is that she is healthy and still finds joy in her figure skating career!

Also the article said that Stanislava would like sign up for Russian starts in January. Are there any competitions early in 2022 that she could skate in?
There are plenty of competitions she can enter. You can find links to the calendars of local Russian competitions as well as info about upcoming events in this thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/2021-22-russian-local-events.88497/

Scott512

Record Breaker
As long as Stasya is happy skating, I don't care at all where she performs. If she only skates at Cup of Russia stages, then I will enjoy her beauty and elegance at Cup of Russia. The most important thing is that she is healthy and still finds joy in her figure skating career!

There are plenty of competitions she can enter. You can find links to the calendars of local Russian competitions as well as info about upcoming events in this thread: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/threads/2021-22-russian-local-events.88497/
I agree with you it will probably be the Russian cup series next year.

Did they even have the Saint Petersburg cup this year? It's always an early December.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Did they even have the Saint Petersburg cup this year? It's always an early December.
They had two Cup of SPB stages earlier this season, I am not sure about the final though. But since Stasya is now representing Moscow, she is not eligible for Cup of SPB anymore.

Scott512

Record Breaker
They had two Cup of SPB stages earlier this season, I am not sure about the final though. But since Stasya is now representing Moscow, she is not eligible for Cup of SPB anymore.
It's a once a year event. Sofia won at last year Nastya the year before. I can only surmise that they canceled it this year.

Hopefully Stasya will start skating in January. She has been missed. But the sport is getting tougher because of covid. A lot of the lady skaters have had it. It's not as many men for some reason.

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Stasya, here's to a great new year 2022 to you! :cheer2: šŸ¾šŸ€

"2021 was the toughest year of my life.
Probably if I had been told in the past, I would never have believed it. It was all cruel, harsh, sometimes sobering, somewhere just shocking.
You can probably complain, be sad, lament that it used to be easier, that the expectations were completely different. Which I actually didšŸ˜‚. And you can cope, solve your problems yourself, do something new for yourself, change yourself, accept the situation and somewhere your helplessness in it. Which I was also great at.
In short, I'm grateful for it all. This year has opened my eyes to the fact that I can do a lot, and to the fact that there are great people ready to support me if I suddenly screw up somewhere, and that these people were next to me this yearā¤ļø"

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Stasya did a lot of commentary on the Olympic Games on this youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbsKuqedkST92A2fOsp9pg
I haven't watched all the videos yet because my Russian unfortunately is not good enough to really follow without the help of the auto-generated subtitles and it often takes a couple of days for them to appear. But then I watch, and practise Russian, and get to hear Stasya's expert opinions about figure skating. :D

This is the good news, the bad news is that her latest instagram post sounds quite ominous. There is talk about an injured leg again. :cry: Stasya is obviously doing really well for herself in her off-ice life, with lots of promotion, media, and modelling gigs, but I would like to see her skate in competition one last time at least. She could still give so much to figure skating. I hope she keeps on fighting!

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria

Stasya: Sometimes I feel like I haven't performed in public for ages. I hope I will cure everything that ails me, rest and skate some more. I miss you. šŸ’”

Zhenya Medvedeva's comment: Of course you will skate.ā¤ļø

CrazyKittenLady

Get well soon, Lyosha!
Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Hmm, Stasya was teaching little kids at a figure skating summer camp in Sochi while the rest of her team and coaches were also in Sochi having their own training camp. Tbh, I had hoped that she would join them to prepare for next season, but looks like she went home to SPB instead.
Will we ever see her again in competition?

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hmm, Stasya was teaching little kids at a figure skating summer camp in Sochi while the rest of her team and coaches were also in Sochi having their own training camp. Tbh, I had hoped that she would join them to prepare for next season, but looks like she went home to SPB instead.
Will we ever see her again in competition?
It would be nice to see her compete, she is a beautiful skater.